Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • creativecheetah
    • By creativecheetah 7th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 134Thanks
    creativecheetah
    24 hour wait on International connecting flight because of time-change
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    24 hour wait on International connecting flight because of time-change 7th Jul 17 at 5:29 PM
    I booked a flight with Turkish Airlines for an international flight from Dublin to Entebbe, departing on 1st November 2015. A few months before flying I received emails stating that flight times had been changed for the stop-over flight from Istanbul to Entebbe from 19:15 to 18:15. I had assumed this was because of the time change and did not think it would affect my connecting flight (the clocks changed by 1 hour on 25th October that year).

My flight from Dublin arrived at Istanbul on time and I made my way to check-in for the flight to Entebbe, only to find that it had already left. I asked at the Turkish Airlines desk and they told me it was due to a timing error (presumably because of the time change, she did not give me full details) made by Turkish Airlines and that I would have to wait 24 hours for the next day flight. I was offered hotel accommodation in Istanbul but had to wait for 5 hours before I was taken to the hotel!

I contacted the airline last year and they told me no compensation could be given as they had provided a hotel for the night.

Would there be any form of compensation available, as it seems to have been a system timing error made by the airline? I was never informed that I would not make my connecting flight, with the times on my tickets making it impossible to make it at all!
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    Yes, you are due compensation if the timing error was their fault.

The hotel, transport, food and soft drinks etc are all also covered under their 'duty of care' obligation to delayed passengers.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 07-07-2017 at 8:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

2,656Users online

Martin's Twitter