Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polly05
    • By Polly05 7th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    • 204Posts
    • 112Thanks
    Polly05
    Applying for 2 cards at same time...
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:26 PM
    Applying for 2 cards at same time... 7th Jul 17 at 5:26 PM
    Hi,
    I need to make a big purchase soon. Planning on doing it on interest free credit cards. I'm assuming I will need to split it over 2 cards, as I'm guessing the credit limits I get won't be high enough...
    Am I right in thinking, if I apply for two cards, one after another, my credit score won't have been updated yet, so the second card company won't see that I've recently applied for another card? So making me more likely to be accepted?
    I've got a good credit score, but just in case...
    Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    • 14,389 Posts
    • 15,184 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:45 PM
    It's probably best to apply simultaneously. Not because of the fictional score that no one sees, but so that the search and any additional credit may not show.

Very much depends on the timing.

And of course your credit history.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 7th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 24,254 Posts
    • 11,536 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    Will the company let you spread payments over 2 cards?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Polly05
    • By Polly05 7th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Polly05
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    Yeah. And they want a % of the cost upfront, the rest when they complete the work, so can pay with different cards at the different points in time.. .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,458Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin