Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • viczs123
    • By viczs123 7th Jul 17, 5:02 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 3Thanks
    viczs123
    Letter from dwp
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:02 PM
    Letter from dwp 7th Jul 17 at 5:02 PM
    ive had a letter from DWP today asking me to go in for an interview on july the 19th as they are reviewing my benefits and circumstances.
    it also says we need to talk to you about some changes that may affect your benefit payments.
    ive been asked to take in ID and bank statements and also my partners if I have one.
    I have been claiming contribution based jsa since march and it isn't a joint claim so why do they need partners bank statements.
    obviously im concerned why they want to see me.
    would be grateful for any feedback or knowledge on this matter.
    thanks in advance
Page 2
    • dippy3103
    • By dippy3103 10th Jul 17, 12:52 AM
    • 1,729 Posts
    • 2,599 Thanks
    dippy3103
    This is what I too would be querying the OP has stated their partner works and they are on cont based JSA so their partners income is not relevant, however once that finishes they would have to claim Income based and its only then their partners income is taken into account and it has to be a joint claim but surely if the partners income exceeds the amount the government says a couple needs to live on which is 114.85 then there will be no income based claim.

The only thing I can think would be relevant is if the OPs partner is claiming other benefits like tax credits or HB so would be something to do with UC
    Originally posted by Londonsu
    Perhaps it's as simple as they have been sent an appoint letter which is used for all benefits.
    • Londonsu
    • By Londonsu 10th Jul 17, 1:22 AM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 2,834 Thanks
    Londonsu
    If the Partner is not a benefit claimant and the household would not be claiming any benefits where their income would need to be taken into consideration could they refuse permission for the DWP to have details of their income under the data protection act.

Its a different scenario but when my sister was on the work programme she wasn't claiming any money due to her husbands pension she was just claiming NICs, she was told to go to a better off in work meeting and bring details of her husbands income, she attended the meeting with a letter from her husband refusing to give details of his pension and citing the DPA, there was nothing they could do
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 10th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,633 Thanks
    tomtom256
    If the Partner is not a benefit claimant and the household would not be claiming any benefits where their income would need to be taken into consideration could they refuse permission for the DWP to have details of their income under the data protection act.

Its a different scenario but when my sister was on the work programme she wasn't claiming any money due to her husbands pension she was just claiming NICs, she was told to go to a better off in work meeting and bring details of her husbands income, she attended the meeting with a letter from her husband refusing to give details of his pension and citing the DPA, there was nothing they could do
    Originally posted by Londonsu
    Other than end the claim.

If they are on Conts it could be they are looking at an Income Related award and need this information for that.

Seems they can't win, don't help you and when they want to help, people don't want them to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,204Posts Today

6,753Users online

Martin's Twitter