Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dhrucku
    • By Dhrucku 7th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 118Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Dhrucku
    My proposal...
    • 7th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    My proposal... 7th Jul 17 at 4:16 PM
    Id like to start up a little business venture of my own which will be along the lines of Career Talk and CV creation / tailoring, interview training etc.

As you can probably tell there doesnt seem to be a standard on this kind of stuff but Im pre-qualifying myself as a professional working in the realm of project management with multiple jobs in the city so I regard myself as knowing a thing or two about CVs / interviewing skills.

My target market would be locally at first, advertising in newspapers / flyers etc. but Id then like to build a website (or get someone to build it for me) to get the wider reach. Im projected a slow start up but Id like to top out at 5-10 customers a weekend which would generate a decent supplemental income and give me the self fulfillment of helping people.

Im yet to initiate an agreement on pricing etc. but my main ask is whether or not there was something Legal I should think about in order to get this started.

Im just kicking the tyres on this at the moment so gathering requirements, I'd appreciate any pointers you'd have.
Page 1
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 9th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 342 Thanks
    mikep22
    • 9th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    I am unsure about this to be honest. There is currently lots of help available for people to write CV's and with interview training, which can be obtained relatively hassle free online. There will also be resources available in job centres, councils etc, all of which will be free.

I also would question whether people would take your self crowning as "knowing a thing or two" about this sort of thing as suitable for them to spend money on you. Should you have a qualification with it, then its a different matter entirely.

As for legal stuff, Im afraid I am unsure.
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 12th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    MrJones1
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    Id like to start up a little business venture of my own which will be along the lines of Career Talk and CV creation / tailoring, interview training etc.

As you can probably tell there doesnt seem to be a standard on this kind of stuff but Im pre-qualifying myself as a professional working in the realm of project management with multiple jobs in the city so I regard myself as knowing a thing or two about CVs / interviewing skills.

My target market would be locally at first, advertising in newspapers / flyers etc. but Id then like to build a website (or get someone to build it for me) to get the wider reach. Im projected a slow start up but Id like to top out at 5-10 customers a weekend which would generate a decent supplemental income and give me the self fulfillment of helping people.

Im yet to initiate an agreement on pricing etc. but my main ask is whether or not there was something Legal I should think about in order to get this started.

Im just kicking the tyres on this at the moment so gathering requirements, I'd appreciate any pointers you'd have.
    Originally posted by Dhrucku
    I think that you should give your business idea a big go. I can see that there's a market for the services you want to offer. The first thing you should do is to start a website. The sooner the better. Then it's important that you are active on social media. This is an opportunity for you to get your name out there. So when people think about hiring somebody that can provide the services you offer, they will go to you and nobody else.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,040Posts Today

6,846Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin