Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jeanniej
    • By jeanniej 7th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jeanniej
    Barclays Mobile Banking Newbie
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    Barclays Mobile Banking Newbie 7th Jul 17 at 3:58 PM
    Just been given a iphone for my birthday and have just downloaded the Barclays mobile banking app but as I'm as green as grass with this sort of thing can someone tell me if it essentially works the same as online banking does for me now?

- ie will my salary/benefits/pension etc show paid in via the mobile app just as quickly as I'm currently used to with online banking?

Thanks
Page 1
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 7th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 2,302 Posts
    • 1,662 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 7th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    It's just another way to view the same data, so yes.
    • Jlawson118
    • By Jlawson118 7th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    • 715 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    Jlawson118
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    It's pretty much exactly the same as viewing online, only in a mobile format and layout. You'll still see your statements as usual
    • datlex
    • By datlex 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1,275 Posts
    • 1,075 Thanks
    datlex
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    If the iPhone app is the same as the Android one then you will also be able to see your statements on it.
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 8th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    can someone tell me if it essentially works the same as online banking does for me now?
    Originally posted by jeanniej
    Yes, it's almost identical. The main differences are that the mobile app doesn't (yet) support printing statements or change of address, and has a more limited selection of foreign currencies and destination countries you can send international transfers to. Everything else is the same. You can view balances (including pending/uncleared payments), retrieve up to 6 years of historical statements and letters, move money between your own accounts, make payments to companies and individuals, set up and amend standing orders, view and cancel direct debits, view your card PIN number... etc etc. You can even apply for loans and overdrafts in-app if your internal credit scoring is good enough.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,376Posts Today

7,872Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin