Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 7th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 910Posts
    • 520Thanks
    angryparcel
    Were removing late delivery rate protection on Royal Mail transactions
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    Were removing late delivery rate protection on Royal Mail transactions 7th Jul 17 at 3:10 PM
    Just got the latest newsletter from ebay

http://mail.ebay.co.uk/r/mail/4219II68bfcbII183f56bba10II5

Were removing our late delivery rate protection from Royal Mail transactions

Weve been ensuring that certain Royal Mail transactions dont affect your late delivery rate metric due to issues receiving
    up-to-date tracking information.
    In January, we removed protection on Royal Mail Tracked 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48
    Weve now resolved the tracking issue and will rely on Royal Mail tracking data to determine if an item was dispatched and delivered on time.
    From 31 July 2017, well no longer automatically register Royal Mail transactions as delivered on time.
    This upcoming change affects the following Royal Mail transaction types:
    ✓ Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class
    ✓ Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class
    ✓ Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 59,471 Posts
    • 42,179 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    What is interesting about this is the patronising little bit at the end of the email advising sellers to check their dashboards to see what they can do to ensure this does not affect them. Since they will now be relying on RM to update tracking or delivery notification, which as we all know can be outside of the ebay estimates- it means they have just confirmed they will start punishing sellers who dispatch on time, using the postage method stated but where RM deliver late.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 9th Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    What is interesting about this is the patronising little bit at the end of the email advising sellers to check their dashboards to see what they can do to ensure this does not affect them. Since they will now be relying on RM to update tracking or delivery notification, which as we all know can be outside of the ebay estimates- it means they have just confirmed they will start punishing sellers who dispatch on time, using the postage method stated but where RM deliver late.
    Originally posted by soolin
    I know and then how many lazy postal workers that will just push 'sign for' letters through the letterbox without getting a signature, so you pay for a signature and tracking, but they don't provide such service and when you claim all you get is a book of 6 1st class stamps
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Jul 17, 9:57 AM
    • 59,471 Posts
    • 42,179 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:57 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:57 AM
    Add to this of course the fact that ebay is so glitchy that we can't rely on anything to actually work. All my late defects for instance have disappeared, all removed and I've been checking for the past week and they haven't come back- so what's all that about?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    Giving you a clean slate ready for the new influx?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 59,471 Posts
    • 42,179 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    Giving you a clean slate ready for the new influx?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    I rarely joke about it anymore- they come and go seemingly in a random manner. I just feel sorry for anyone who has been restricted or suspended due to all this nonsense.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jul 17, 2:01 AM
    • 26,037 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:01 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 2:01 AM
    I rarely sell anything lately. It just started to annoy me.

But ive had a few issues with just buying stuff the past year or so.
    Mainly those Chinese sellers that multi list items and swap out items after i have bought them.

2 weeks + later an item arrives and i think did i really buy that? Check my purchased list and yep its there, but when you goto the listing you see it was updated to an inferior product.

MultiListing is my current pet hate. Looking for an item that comes in various materials and sizes approx 8 to 12 and them in many many colours often for each item.

So i search for my requirement and yes there are lots of results. 1st listing totally out of stock on the size i want, in fact many have no stock in my size. Next the material and colour after 3 pages i did not find a single seller with the exact item i wanted.

I gave up and went to Amazon and got them delivered the next day.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

326Posts Today

4,547Users online

Martin's Twitter