Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danny68
    • By Danny68 7th Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Danny68
    Some advice please. Self Employed to Full Time
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    Some advice please. Self Employed to Full Time 7th Jul 17 at 2:41 PM
    Hello guys,

I'm a new member. Been getting used to the site, before posting.
    Anyway, I applied for 3 credit cards back in March/April, All accepted..all prime cards. HSBC, Yorkshire Bank and Nationwide.

I have held a charge card for 6 years. Ran if perfectly. that was my only credit, up until receiving the credit cards. I hope to get a mortgage next year, hence the need to improve my standing. I always pay everything off by d/d and in full.

I applied for the credit cards as a self employed person, been working for the same company for approx 6 years (contract)..Now they have taken me on as a full time member(was several weeks ago. (got a nice salary increase) etc..

What do i do now? Should i call all the companies to let them know...send in my new contract, update my change of circumstances on the eligibilty sites. i joined them all, thanks to this site's invaluable info ..Clearscore, MSE club, and Noddle.

I may be able to update my change of circumstances online with one of the companies. The reason I ask is I read on this forum, that we can be refused credit if a cc company or National Hunter etc
    spots something in applications that doesn't add up. ie wage increase ..status change etc. from a previous application.

Sorry for rabbiting on. Just want to be as clear as i can, I want to get my mortgage without any hiccups. Let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Danny68; 07-07-2017 at 2:45 PM.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 12,538 Posts
    • 12,703 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    No, don't worry. They won't be interested.

Just put current status on any new applications
    • Danny68
    • By Danny68 7th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danny68
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    Thanks zx81 for your prompt reply. What about my current/ new credit card providers. Should i let them know of my salary increase and change of circumstances? .i will update the MSE club and others. I'm guessing my eligibilty may improve?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 12,538 Posts
    • 12,703 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    Again, they're not really interested now you're a customer.

Most won't even have the ability to make the change.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,363Posts Today

8,959Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin