Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 59,445Posts
    • 42,162Thanks
    soolin
    Latest eBay announcement product identifiers
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    Latest eBay announcement product identifiers 7th Jul 17 at 2:13 PM
    "Some of your listings contain invalid product identifiers"

I have already changed all my listings, I bought EAN numbers for anything that needed one and correctly use 'does not apply' to the rest. Apparently this is not good enough from 10th July for some unspecified reason. However, I have noticed that one of the many eBay glitches has been to wipe my identifiers each time I relist, so although I add them eBay just take them out 30 days later.

Interestingly some of my MVL listings are so,d to me with proper EAN numbers, and none of them are accepted by eBay , so I have to add bought numbers rather than use the ones on the label. Even more interesting, if I use the ability to 'sell similar' using another sellers listing and correct EAN that EAN also comes up as invalid, even though other sellers with identical items are already using it.

Absolute madness. The only good thing is that even though I am still away my listings have been live now for 48 hours with a 3 day dispatch, and I've sold only 1 item- so with no sales it hardly seems worth stressing over.
    Last edited by soolin; 10-07-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

409Posts Today

5,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin