Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ineedaservant
    • By Ineedaservant 7th Jul 17, 1:03 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Ineedaservant
    Massive amount of views
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:03 PM
    Massive amount of views 7th Jul 17 at 1:03 PM
    I have noticed over the last couple of days that some of my items are having a very large amount of views - some over 300!

These are items (mostly clothing) that I have relisted each week for quite some time, and have not drawn much attention in the past. Still not selling, or even attracting watchers.

ebay glitch?
    I will not be happy until all the money is mine
Page 1
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 7th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:16 PM
    Are you "modelling" the items?
    Is there anything odd or humorous about the listings?

Maybe your items are extremely cheap or popular
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 7th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    If the views aren't translating to sales, drop the price!
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 7th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    Is there a typo in the item description something like "buy six - get sex free!"
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 7th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 15,151 Posts
    • 10,952 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    Are there any reflections anywhere
    • martindow
    • By martindow 8th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    • 7,071 Posts
    • 3,904 Thanks
    martindow
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    Have you tried googling the ebay page url to see if it is listed on a forum for some reason? Maybe there is an amusing typo or error in the description or as has been mentioned a reflection in the photo - it has been very hot in the last few days. What, if anything, were you wearing?!
    • Ineedaservant
    • By Ineedaservant 8th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Ineedaservant
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    Amusing as that would be, I am not modelling any of the clothes, there are no reflections, or typos in the descriptions. It is not just one item but about half of those I have listed.

Most of the items I have been relisting for several months and they have not attracted much attention. I list at the minimum price I would be prepared to accept and don't care if I have to wait for a sale.

The items are mostly of the next, fat face, M&S variety.

I just find it strange that items that maybe get 10 - 20 views in an average week are suddenly attracting so many. I could understand if it were one or two and had a watcher who was going back repeatedly to decide whether to bid/buy but there are no watchers on these items.

Just wondered if anyone else had this happening to them.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 8th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    Perhaps you could suply a link here to one of your listings ? ( and so get even more views )
    The person who wrote the listing isnt usually the best person to spot anything that may be obvious to someone coming to it fresh
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 8th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,340 Posts
    • 1,125 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    Might be that its other potential sellers looking to see what they eventually sell for.

Or it could be that they are buyers, but the price is too high.
    • Ineedaservant
    • By Ineedaservant 8th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Ineedaservant
    As an example, this item has the most amount of views - 305 and all that is in the listing heading is - Make, Item, Size #, Fabric, Colour and the picture is of the item modelled on a dressmakers dummy against a matt white wall. It is a used item high street brand.

I would have posted a picture but cannot see how to do this without giving a URL which would lead back to the original listing.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 8th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 8,377 Posts
    • 4,887 Thanks
    RFW
    As an example, this item has the most amount of views - 305 and all that is in the listing heading is - Make, Item, Size #, Fabric, Colour and the picture is of the item modelled on a dressmakers dummy against a matt white wall. It is a used item high street brand.

I would have posted a picture but cannot see how to do this without giving a URL which would lead back to the original listing.
    Originally posted by Ineedaservant
    I'd bet some blog is linking to you. Try Googling the address of the most viewed item and you may find it listed somewhere else.
    • Ineedaservant
    • By Ineedaservant 9th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Ineedaservant
    I'd bet some blog is linking to you. Try Googling the address of the most viewed item and you may find it listed somewhere else
    No, that does not seem to be the case
    • Rolandtheroadie
    • By Rolandtheroadie 9th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 4,721 Posts
    • 4,147 Thanks
    Rolandtheroadie
    Are the items perhaps seasonal?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,681Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin