Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icefall
    • By icefall 7th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 1,105Posts
    • 718Thanks
    icefall
    Item not received finally arrived but not as described now
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    Item not received finally arrived but not as described now 7th Jul 17 at 11:12 AM
    I opened item not received case (on ebay) a few days ago (seller marked as dispatched last week), the camera arrived today Special Delivery.
    Its described as with original charger and battery, but the charger has no cord with plug on it so cannot be used. This was not mentioned in the listing.
    It says on ebay if I cancel the case it cannot be reopened, how do I change it to a not as described case.

(Case is still open awaiting response from seller by 12 July btw)
    I always wanted to be a procrastinator, never got round to it...
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 10,873 Posts
    • 7,289 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    You used to be able to get CS to do it. You can just close the INR and then open a SNAD. The warning means you can't open another INR.

What was mentioned on the listing? I would normally expect a charger to have the cable with it.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    Live chat or phone eBay and ask them to change the case to SNAD instead. It is possible as a buyer did it to me recently .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 7th Jul 17, 3:40 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:40 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:40 PM
    Have you contacted the seller to tell them there's an issue? Rushing to open a case without giving them a chance to remedy seems a bit premature...
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 8th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 2,828 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    George Michael
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    Have you contacted the seller to tell them there's an issue? Rushing to open a case without giving them a chance to remedy seems a bit premature...
    Originally posted by Brynsam
    Seeing as it appears that the seller marked the camera as having been dispatched when it hadn't been and only sent it out once a non received dispute had been opened, I wouldn't be making any great effort to contact them to see what they would do.

If they have shown that they can't be trusted once, why give them another chance?
    • Lisbon
    • By Lisbon 8th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 280 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    Lisbon
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    Messaging the seller once hardly constitutes 'great effort' and might solve the problem.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 2,429 Posts
    • 2,519 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    I seem to remember that ebay automatically marks things as dispatched witthin a certain number of days? I'm not at all sure but there's something in the back of my mind about this in another post. Might be completely wrong of course, if so I apologise.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 8th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    I seem to remember that ebay automatically marks things as dispatched witthin a certain number of days? I'm not at all sure but there's something in the back of my mind about this in another post. Might be completely wrong of course, if so I apologise.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    No - seller has to do it.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 8th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:32 PM
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    No seller has to do it, but an item marked dispatched does not mean it is with a courier or royal mail. if they print the postage label through ebay then it will be marked dispatched as postage has been paid.
    I use the royal mail online postage system as it prints address labels with the postage . As soon as i print the postage label i mark items as dispatched as i have printed the label and paid the postage charge.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 8th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 10,873 Posts
    • 7,289 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    No - seller has to do it.
    Originally posted by Brynsam
    Actually the seller doesn't have to do it.

If a seller uses one of the ebay postage / click and drop from eBay/Shutl/ (and others) the settings are automatically set to mark item upon printing /dispatch as dispatched.
    • MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 11th Jul 17, 11:44 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    MrJones1
    Contact eBay on their live chat and see if they can open a not-as-described case. I can see no reason to
    why they shouldn't do so. In this case the seller has described that the product will arrive with an original charger. But you have seemingly got something that cannot be called a charger. Just to make sure that the charger is in fact an original charger, do a Google search on the product and look if the charger and other
    accessories look the same as those you got. If they don't, the case is very much on your side.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jul 17, 10:02 AM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    Contact eBay on their live chat and see if they can open a not-as-described case. I can see no reason to
    why they shouldn't do so. In this case the seller has described that the product will arrive with an original charger. But you have seemingly got something that cannot be called a charger. Just to make sure that the charger is in fact an original charger, do a Google search on the product and look if the charger and other
    accessories look the same as those you got. If they don't, the case is very much on your side.
    Originally posted by MrJones1
    Already suggested as per post 3 but OP hasn't been back to the thread to update.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Jul 17, 2:29 PM
    • 32,388 Posts
    • 27,146 Thanks
    custardy
    Are we talking about missing a figure 8 lead?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,442Posts Today

8,009Users online

Martin's Twitter