Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scooby99
    • By Scooby99 7th Jul 17, 11:03 AM
    • 29Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Scooby99
    Bankruptcy Restrictions Undertaking
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:03 AM
    Bankruptcy Restrictions Undertaking 7th Jul 17 at 11:03 AM
    I was told in my interview I would be getting a BRU due to gambling. However, it is 11 weeks until my discharge and I haven't heard anything. Is it too late for them to try and impose one now?
Page 1
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 7th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    No.

As far as I am aware, they have until you are discharged to start the proceedings of giving you a BRU.

Don't poke the bear, keep your head down and try to fall below the radar if you can.

Fingers crossed for you!
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 7th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    Actually, just stumbled across this whilst reading about the BRU:

If you don’t reply to the official receiver within 21 days, or there are less than 6 weeks until your discharge, they will schedule a court hearing to consider your case. You will be sent details of the case and the date of your hearing. You will be asked to confirm receipt and what you intend to do on a form that you should return to the court within 14 days. If you do not do this then you can still attend the hearing but may not take part without the court’s permission.
    Full info can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/bankruptcy-restrictions-orders-and-undertakings/bankruptcy-restrictions-orders-and-undertakings#how-to-respond

I'd still recommend keeping quiet and hopefully you won't hear anything else!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,087Posts Today

8,995Users online

Martin's Twitter