Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 7th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 5Thanks
    samb0b
    Smart (or dumb?) parking - help with pcn
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    Smart (or dumb?) parking - help with pcn 7th Jul 17 at 9:43 AM
    Hi All,

I have read the Newbies thread, but still need a little bit of advice before corresponding with dumb parking. If anyone would be so kind as to assist I would be most grateful.

I am the registered keeper of the vehicle in question and the PCN is addressed to me, but I am not the only person who drives the car.

The location on the letter simply states "TOSCANA RETAIL PARK" no other location info at all.

The only info I can find online is that Toscana Retail Park is in Bangor, Ireland. I live in West Yorkshire...both myself and the vehicle have never been to Ireland.

The newbies thread suggests to first get in touch with the land owner, but there is no conclusive info for "TOSCANA RETAIL PARK" that I can find.

I am hesitant to contact them to get this information without asking on here first.

I am also hesitant to send the "Template appeal for BPA members" as this suggests I am arguing with their signage before the location has been established.

Many thanks in advance!
Page 2
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 15th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    samb0b
    *** UPDATE ***

They replied to my email saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent communication.

We have taken note in what you have said , but to take this further you will need to make an appeal either online on our website LINK REMOVED or send this in writing via post to the below address.

Please also submit any evidence you wish to show with the appeal."

So I have replied back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I find it interesting how you dealt with and cancelled the original PCN TC4540988A when writing to you at this email address, yet for this following related PCN TC45502794 (where you have simply amended the alleged contravention location) you are asking me to appeal via your website or post.

It would appear that you have a double standard when dealing with complaints / appeals and are purposely trying to hinder or delay my complaint / appeal.

I must inform you that by doing so you are causing my family and I further undue anxiety and distress. I should add that should this matter go any further this will be highlighted and addressed appropriately.

I will go through your appeals process on your website, but I wish for this complaint to be noted with David Dunford, BPA, and the DVLA.

Yours,
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    • 7,200 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    pappa golf
    *** UPDATE ***

They replied to my email saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent communication.

We have taken note in what you have said , but to take this further you will need to make an appeal either online on our website LINK REMOVED or send this in writing via post to the below address.

Please also submit any evidence you wish to show with the appeal."

So I have replied back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I find it interesting how you dealt with and cancelled the original PCN TC4540988A when writing to you at this email address, yet for this following related PCN TC45502794 (where you have simply amended the alleged contravention location) you are asking me to appeal via your website or post.

It would appear that you have a double standard when dealing with complaints / appeals and are purposely trying to hinder or delay my complaint / appeal.

I must inform you that by doing so you are causing my family and I further undue anxiety and distress. I should add that should this matter go any further this will be highlighted and addressed appropriately.

I will go through your appeals process on your website, but I wish for this complaint to be noted with David Dunford, BPA, and the DVLA.

Yours,
    Originally posted by samb0b

"they" will not note it , you must"

PS: David Dunford, is employed by the DVLA
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 15th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    samb0b
    Yes, I meant the DVLA in general, not just David Dunford.

Not sure what you mean by "they" will not note it , you must" ?

I have noted it. It's permanently in my mailbox.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 7,200 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    pappa golf
    have you MADE a formal complaint to the 3 parties you state?
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 15th Jul 17, 3:28 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    samb0b
    Not as of yet, I'm still battling the most recent PCN,,, should I raise a separate complaint with the 3 parities and if so now or after the outcome of this complaint with smart parking?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 7,200 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    pappa golf
    2 cases , 2 locations = false info in replies ,
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 15th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    samb0b
    Forgive me for being dense, please can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jul 17, 3:54 PM
    • 7,200 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    pappa golf
    you started with one ticket , location in NI , then moved to a second ticket , I was reading your inital posting , only to be told "Not as of yet, I'm still battling the most recent PCN,"

as the initial ticket has been sorted , edit your post to reflect newer case , or start a new thread with company and location
    • samb0b
    • By samb0b 15th Jul 17, 6:01 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    samb0b
    Apologies for the confusion.

The first PCN they had put the location as "TOSCANA RETAIL PARK", the second PCN is identical except they have changed the PCN number and the location to "SALTAIRE, BRADFORD"

This is all relevant to the original post so I do not feel the need to make a new thread. Thank you.
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 15th Jul 17, 6:14 PM
    • 6,934 Posts
    • 5,301 Thanks
    daveyjp
    Paper has an update and it looks like even those who followed the 'rules' are now getting tickets.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 9:19 PM
    • 48,455 Posts
    • 61,890 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    All you need to do is forward your email and attach evidence for David Dunford. It doesn't read that you copied him in (sorry if you already did).

And send a written complaint to your local Trading Standards, no phone calls. A formal complaint about this re-issuing of a PCN after cancelling the one with a NI address.

Does the second one say that the keeper will be liable after 28/29 days? If so, that's misleading, a lie, because it was served far too late. Lay this on thick and in clear language for Trading Standards and Mr Dunford.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,556Posts Today

6,990Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin