Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 7th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 2,335Posts
    • 1,095Thanks
    AliceBanned
    PC problem after uploading pics
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    PC problem after uploading pics 7th Jul 17 at 9:33 AM
    Hi

I hope someone can help. My Packard Bell PC running Windows10 has gone wrong after trying to upload pics and videos from my iPhone. I've uploaded some before but it suddenly went slow this time. Now I can't login to my work desktop using VMware. I think the fault is my pic though!
    DFW - goal December 2019

• By AliceBanned 7th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    It's much better now I re-started my router. IT suggested - hadn't thought of that. Doesn't seem quite right still but maybe the videos being uploaded caused problems. At least I can log on now and do my work.
    DFW - goal December 2019

• By DoaM 7th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 3,164 Posts
    • 3,204 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    It's possible that the uploads caused the routing table to get flooded. This wouldn't have caused the PC itself to slow down, but may have given that impression if what you were trying to do was network-based (e.g. logging on to a domain, loading web pages, etc).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Strider590
    • By Strider590 7th Jul 17, 12:30 PM
    • 11,519 Posts
    • 6,448 Thanks
    Strider590
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:30 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:30 PM
    Apple software tends to cripple PCs anyway (suspect it's deliberate), the chances are it was trying upload all that new stuff to iCloud and this was crippling the internet connection too.

My GF has all this Apple stuff installed on her laptop, it took the laptop from a 20s startup to well over 2 minutes, drives me nuts if im trying to use it.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
    • Strider590
    • By Strider590 7th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 11,519 Posts
    • 6,448 Thanks
    Strider590
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    Yep I concur about Apple, I take great pleasure in disabling the three services in iTunes and only enabling them when I need to backup my phone to laptop.

iTunes has to be one of THE worst pieces of software ever written, over the years any GoToGuy or GoToGal will have a friend who has lost their data or music because of this awful software.
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    Yet it works perfectly on Apple machines......
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 7th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    • 8,836 Posts
    • 4,415 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:45 PM
    Yet it works perfectly on Apple machines......
    Originally posted by Strider590
    Is this part of a conspiracy theory? If not it should be because my experience of using it on Windows (daughter won an iPod) was that it was a complete PoS.
    • AliceBanned
    • By AliceBanned 7th Jul 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:10 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:10 PM
    Thanks everyone. In that case I had better put Facebook on my iPhone and bypass the PC. I had avoided putting FB on phone because it annoys me having the updates etc and I only want to go on FB occasionally..but it might be better if I don't mix IPhone with PC!
    DFW - goal December 2019

• By AliceBanned 7th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 1,095 Thanks
    AliceBanned
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:13 PM
    Yep I concur about Apple, I take great pleasure in disabling the three services in iTunes and only enabling them when I need to backup my phone to laptop.

iTunes has to be one of THE worst pieces of software ever written, over the years any GoToGuy or GoToGal will have a friend who has lost their data or music because of this awful software.
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    Really? I haven't used iTunes yet. So what would you recommend for music? Spotify on IPhone?
    DFW - goal December 2019

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

325Posts Today

3,056Users online

Martin's Twitter