Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • debsue
    • By debsue 7th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    • 449Posts
    • 867Thanks
    debsue
    When is infidelity infidelity?
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    When is infidelity infidelity? 7th Jul 17 at 9:05 AM
    A friend has discovered that her husband has been flirting with a random woman he met on FB. This has been done over messenger and has been going on for a while. She knew that they were chatting but had no idea that it had become flirty, she has now discovered that they are facetiming when she is not home. She says this is as bad as an affair, I say not, what do you think?
Page 5
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 10th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 7,493 Posts
    • 16,451 Thanks
    heartbreak_star

I've had a recent case of this where I know a friend of mine really wants to come out with us - but, because her partner doesn't want to do it she won't be coming along
    Originally posted by NeilCr
    I'd be kicking him to the kerb!

Weekend just gone, myself and my partner spent about 2 hours together in the evenings - I was out with my pals, or he was out with his. However, we had a lazy Saturday morning together to make up for it.

I'm a flirt. My ex couldn't handle it, and it was part of why we split up. My current partner can (probably why he's current!).

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • justme111
    • By justme111 10th Jul 17, 10:17 AM
    • 2,700 Posts
    • 2,599 Thanks
    justme111
    Eh?

He's fully aware of it. There are no lies or omissions. It's simply the case that they won't be coming because he doesn't want to - even though she would really like to be there. And we are talking about a birthday meal - nothing outrageous
    Originally posted by NeilCr
    Whoops sorry , misread your post - full retraction
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 10th Jul 17, 6:07 PM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    I'd say its not infidelity but its still wrong. To be spending time flirting with someone is disrespectful and if it hurts your partners feelings and you continue that's just cruel. I'd be worried its only a matter of time before they arrange to meet and then the result really could be the end of the relationship. Would he be OK with his wife doing the same?
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 11th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 16,945 Posts
    • 44,518 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    It would be cheating in my eyes, plus from personal experience it very rarely stops at flirty messages. My ex was at it all the time talking to people behind my back (on dating websites etc and there was someone at work) that eventually advanced to meeting up.

My bf is very open about whpo he talks to, i dont ask him to be as i trust him but he chooses to share that with me. I have access to his phone/facebook but i have no interest in looking as i trust him and hes left it open and visable before so not acting like he has something to hide (ex on the other hand went as far as always taking his phone with him, even to the loo)
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 0lbs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

848Posts Today

7,201Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin