Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madfiddler
    • By madfiddler 7th Jul 17, 3:08 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 4Thanks
    madfiddler
    Suspended but asked what I did wrong
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:08 AM
    Suspended but asked what I did wrong 7th Jul 17 at 3:08 AM
    Hi all,

A couple of weeks after the birth of my daughter I was suspended from work. They actually initiated it all the day before we went into hospital. When they emailed the request I asked what it was about as I was stressed and they said they had a couple of things to talk about and ended the mail with a smiley face.

I was told I was being suspended due to an allegation into a breach of trust and confidentiality but not further details were given.

There is a second allegation into attitude and behaviour but that's not what the suspension is about.

I had to think hard what this could be and came up with something quite insignificant but in black and white could meet this description.

At the investigation meeting I still wasn't told but was asked to tell them what I thought it might be. So I told them, but isn't this a tad unfair? I may be completely wrong and am just giving them evidence?

They also didn't ask me the reason, or background, Which caused me to do what I did , but reworded what I said using the word knowingly, which it was not.

Apologies if this is too cryptic
Page 3
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 15th Jul 17, 10:48 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 576 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    Why should the employer apologise for investigating a complaint?
    The investigation isn't the problem, it is the putting of the OP under a sword of Damocles. The employer should apologise, if they have put the OP through a stressful experience without probable cause. I bet that if the OP accused the CEO of calling them a !!!!!!! !!!!, HR would not suspend the CEO, and call them in for an investigation meeting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,316Posts Today

7,917Users online

Martin's Twitter