Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GeologyRocks
    • By GeologyRocks 7th Jul 17, 12:02 AM
    • 229Posts
    • 84Thanks
    GeologyRocks
    eBay 'See Full Item Description' button
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:02 AM
    eBay 'See Full Item Description' button 7th Jul 17 at 12:02 AM
    Has anyone else seen this? It seems to have just happened today, and only when using Firefox. Instead of showing the full item description it shows a few words which appear to be randomly pulled together from the seller's description and a button that says 'See full item description' which when clicked opens the description in a new tab.

It looks horrible, makes browsing tedious and will surely lead to a massive increase in 'item not as described' issues and returns.
Page 1
    • goodfella66
    • By goodfella66 7th Jul 17, 6:08 AM
    • 235 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    goodfella66
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:08 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:08 AM
    Looks normal on Chrome.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    • 10,595 Posts
    • 7,113 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    There is a thread on the PS board. It appears (at the moment) to be browser specific.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 7th Jul 17, 8:32 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:32 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:32 AM
    Use Safari or Chrome instead.
    • GeologyRocks
    • By GeologyRocks 7th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    • 229 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    GeologyRocks
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    I'm not interested in switching browser, Firefox isn't my main browser anyway.

Just thought I'd bring up the issue if not already known about.

What's the PS board?
    • Brywalker
    • By Brywalker 7th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Brywalker
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 12:09 PM

What's the PS board?
    Originally posted by GeologyRocks
    The Powerseller Board on Ebay forums.
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    As mentioned yesterday on the PS Board, it was affecting Chrome, today its Firefox

• TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 7th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 3:06 PM
    From eBay;

Hi Everyone,

Please see below for clarification to your questions and some more information provided by the team:

Why am I seeing this for my listings, and other sellers say they are not?
    Any seller may be included in the test as a buyer. This means you may see this on your own listings (as well as other listings) on the item page. Keep in mind that most of your buyers will not see this experience.

Is this test putting my listings at a disadvantage, compared to listings by other sellers?
    No. Only a small percentage of buyers are seeing this experience, so very few will see it for your listings. Any who do will also see the same experience for all other listings, so you are not at any disadvantage vs other sellers with these buyers.

Are my listings being targeted because I am using a third-party provider?
    No. This experience is only dependent on who the buyer is. It is not affected by which listing is being viewed, or who the seller is.

If you have been included in the test as a buyer, then you will see the same experience on any listings you view.

Is this permanent? Will all of my listings look like this from now on?
    No. This test is being conducted for a couple of weeks, and then it will end.

Should I assume that this is a preview of an experience that will eventually become permanent?
    Not necessarily. Tests are designed to focus on certain capabilities to determine the impact on many marketplace factors such as sales, returns, and not as described cases.
    Like most online businesses, eBay performs short-term tests on a daily basis. We carefully observe the impact of each test:
    • How does this change improve the buying experience?
    • How does this change improve the overall conversion for sellers?
    • Which change has no observable impact?

Please note that if a test demonstrates measurable adverse impact, we discontinue the test.

How can I tell if this test is affecting my business? Can I opt out?
    To ensure validity of results, short-term tests do not include an opt-out capability. Since only a small percentage of buyers is included, you should not see an impact on your sales as the vast majority buyers will continue to see the full description. You can always check your sales trends in Seller Hub.

Hope this helps,
    Sarah

• emmbrook
    • By emmbrook 7th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    emmbrook
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    I'm seeing this when I view listings in Chrome. It's not an improvement....
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Jul 17, 5:46 PM
    • 25,300 Posts
    • 10,044 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Moving to something similar to the mobile view? So you will just get a list of item title and username etc and you need to click through to actually see the details?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

861Posts Today

7,570Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin