Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 6th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 367Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    Permanent eye liner
    • 6th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    Permanent eye liner 6th Jul 17 at 11:29 PM
    Has anyone had this done?

There is a local clinic that does this treatment for £400 and it lasts three years before it starts to fade. I am very pale with eyelashes that have to be died every six weeks.

I would love to hear of anyone's experience of this treatment. Bit nervous that it may go wrong and I would end up with wonky looking eyes.
Page 1
    • bellanoisette
    • By bellanoisette 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    bellanoisette
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    Please don't do it. I almost got it done and I'm relieved I didn't. It never fully fades despite being called 'semi-permanent' and looks unnatural so would draw attention to an area you already sound self conscious of. I have yet to see a set that looks 'on fleek', they all remind me of Siouxsie Sioux or Joe off Big Brother. With you being pale it could look very harsh and result in more tint trips. Stick to a pencil. It would be almost impossible to remove by laser if you didn't like the look.
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 8th Jul 17, 5:40 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:40 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:40 PM
    Please don't do it. I almost got it done and I'm relieved I didn't. It never fully fades despite being called 'semi-permanent' and looks unnatural so would draw attention to an area you already sound self conscious of. I have yet to see a set that looks 'on fleek', they all remind me of Siouxsie Sioux or Joe off Big Brother. With you being pale it could look very harsh and result in more tint trips. Stick to a pencil. It would be almost impossible to remove by laser if you didn't like the look.
    Originally posted by bellanoisette
    Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I have early onset AMD so applying any kind of eye make-up is becoming increasingly difficult and frankly I am clutching at straws as how to solve my problem and trying to look at bit more 'glam' for as long as I am able.

I will heed your advice and thank you for posting.
    • tiz
    • By tiz 8th Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    tiz
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    It looks like there are a few beauty bloggers with visual impairments on youtube e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VVsaYh584 perhaps you could pick up some tips that can help you.

I'm sure it's an issue lots of people have to work around so hopefully they've already got solutions you can try out yourself. No reason you shouldn't look as glam as you want for as long as you want!
    • savingfortomorrow
    • By savingfortomorrow 8th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 498 Posts
    • 3,435 Thanks
    savingfortomorrow
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    I have not amazing vision without my glasses so i use a X10 fold mirror to see my eyelids. My vision is correctable with glasses, thankfully.

I know a very stylish lady with no vision, her make up is always lovely. Practice and am honest friend are key. There is a lot of devises, tutorials and hints available. It might be worth while looking at http://www.visionaware.org/info/everyday-living/essential-skills/personal-self-care/makeup-application/1234

Did you try applying eyeliner onto the eyelash curlers? chubby eye shadows are very forgiving and blendable. Lancome and clarins pencils are so soft, they blend easily and don'-t irritate the eyes. I find get irritated with 24 hour eyeliner as I can't apply it tightly and it makes a frame of darkness around my vision. Try the lancome and use a tint to the lashes instead.

I have seen tattooed eye brows fade to a weird purple gray colour. I would avoid putting it on the eye'-s water line.
    • Apoorwoman
    • By Apoorwoman 8th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    Apoorwoman
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    I do have a 10xfold mirror which I use with a very powerful LED desk lamp, but my problem is that my right eye is now structurally damaged due to the many injections I have had and my vision in the left eye, although thankfully still dry, is very patchy. I have always taken a pride in my appearance and my confidence is now very low, hence I search for some more permanent solutions.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 8th Jul 17, 11:20 PM
    • 35,523 Posts
    • 45,721 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:20 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:20 PM
    Dont mess with anything like this near your eyes.

My other half, at the last count has had 13 eye ops. No sight in one eye because of scar tissue and no peripheral vision in the other.

Leave your eyes alone
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • bellanoisette
    • By bellanoisette 9th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    bellanoisette
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I have early onset AMD so applying any kind of eye make-up is becoming increasingly difficult and frankly I am clutching at straws as how to solve my problem and trying to look at bit more 'glam' for as long as I am able.

I will heed your advice and thank you for posting.
    Originally posted by Apoorwoman
    Sorry to hear that I spent hundreds at a "top clinic" to have eyebrows tattooed and will have to get them lasered off because of how they've gone over time (and I'm never outdoors in the sun + wear SPF face creams). Could you keep getting your eyelashes tinted and use an off white liner for your waterline? You don't need to be precise with that. Or semi-permanent lashes? Always looks glam without the harshness of dark liner.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,212Posts Today

8,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin