Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • truthman007
    • By truthman007 6th Jul 17, 7:23 PM
    • 503Posts
    • 148Thanks
    truthman007
    Is this legal shops to print full 16 digits on the receipts?
    • 6th Jul 17, 7:23 PM
    Is this legal shops to print full 16 digits on the receipts? 6th Jul 17 at 7:23 PM
    It's really scary to see the all the digits on the receipts with expiry date. This can be misused by someone easily by just remember few 3 digit back of the card. Why can't card companies make it safer.
Page 2
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 10th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 27,362 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    I have befriended that nice girl on FaceBuck called Jayden. He's got all my details now and you lot are doomed!
    Watching the trail
    of cheap supermarket bags filled with a lfe gone by
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 17,016 Posts
    • 11,194 Thanks
    molerat
    I am looking at a receipt I received last night for a contactless payment. Only one button was pressed by the barperson and the long number is **** **** **** 1234.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Yeah but most card machines will print *** even for the merchant copy for contactless.
    Originally posted by williham
    There is only one shop I use regularly that uses contactless and does not have an integrated epos system. I seem to get 2 different receipts from them depending on which till I use. One is "duplicate receipt", the several button option, which has **** for card, M and TID and "reprint merchant copy", the single button, which has full numbers. Maybe different systems work differently.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,331Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter