Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mistysocks
    • By Mistysocks 6th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Mistysocks
    Parkingeye and Britannia parking
    • 6th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    Parkingeye and Britannia parking 6th Jul 17 at 6:19 PM
    Hi. Firstly sorry I have read and re read the newbies post and other sites on charges over a few weeks and I just can't get to grips with all the legal stuff and what to write. I need someone to tell me what to do and write as I just can't get my head around it, so sorry in advance.... I am rather stressed....
    There are two parking charge notices...... fab ��
    First is Britannia. The driver parked and paid for 4hrs however, the machine was so confusing and not very clear on how to use it (input reg plate) and another lady was having a meltdown as she couldn't work it out. The driver put their credit card in to pay, pin no entered, payment with. They hit the button under receipt as They had soooo much hassle, over 5mins, they'd get it as proof. The keeper then received a notice a few days after the event saying they hadn't paid and showing my car going in and out. They had the receipt so appealed with them, they rejected saying the proof of payment is actually a void card receipt! Which on looking it does say that but They pressed the receipt button, there wasn't one for void transaction. How do I appeal this? The driver thought they had paid and was back within the 4hours paid for. The receipt shows the amount and reg plate and time.
    Second one is parking Eye,
    They sent me a parking charge notice for 10 mins showing my car go in and out . They state it is permit/authorised only. They do not have a picture of the car parked and the keeper appealed this asking for further pictures which they have not supplied. I didn't state who the driver was.
    I know with this one I can appeal to popla as they have sent me a parking charge where there is in fact no parking and they have no proof the car was parked. I need a template of what to write to popla, the jargon part I don't get.
    The Britannia one I don't even know where to start to appeal. I have photos of the machine and notices, the thing is the driver thought They had paid, and prepared to pay the £4.10 but not £100!
    Please help and please word it in a "child friendly" way. I'm not stupid but feel very stupid not understanding what to do/write with regards to these charges.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Mistysocks; 06-07-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Changing I to They
Page 2
    • Mistysocks
    • By Mistysocks 15th Jul 17, 8:54 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mistysocks
    Thank you so, so much I really do appreciate all your help.
    • Mistysocks
    • By Mistysocks 15th Jul 17, 9:02 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mistysocks
    One last thing, do I enclose a photo of the receipt in the appeal? It does say card void receipt towards the too
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 51,536 Posts
    • 65,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No I wouldn't.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mistysocks
    • By Mistysocks 3rd Aug 17, 5:01 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mistysocks
    Popla have rejected my appeal for the parking Eye once, which is the one I would have more success with as I was 32 seconds over the 10min grace period. So what do I do now, if anything?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Aug 17, 5:23 PM
    • 16,555 Posts
    • 20,710 Thanks
    Redx
    Popla have rejected my appeal for the parking Eye once, which is the one I would have more success with as I was 32 seconds over the 10min grace period. So what do I do now, if anything?
    Originally posted by Mistysocks
    there are TWO grace periods in the BPA CoP, which in theory gives about 21 minutes in total, up to 10 minutes to park up , read the signs and follow any parking rules (buy tickets or whatever) , plus OVER 10 minutes to leave once the parking period has finished (meaing 11 or more minutes to leave)

I did tell you to check GRACE PERIODS and add them to your popla appeal , but you never came back asking us to check that aspect at all

so depends what you put in the appeal, seeing as you did not check it with us before submission

seems strange that popla would rule for PE for less than a one minute over 10 minutes, unless you worded it badly ?

if you cannot appeal it to their lead adjudicator JOHN GALLAGHER, then you would have to defend it before a judge within 6 years , mainly because you failed to check back with us before submitting it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,988Posts Today

9,608Users online

Martin's Twitter