Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Palace
    • By Palace 6th Jul 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Palace
    SSE Superdeal - v - Economy 7
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:43 PM
    SSE Superdeal - v - Economy 7 6th Jul 17 at 5:43 PM
    We are about to move into 1 bedroom property that has SSE Superdeal but have no idea if this is better than Economy 7. Anyone had Superdeal. The property only has 1 Storage Heater, an Unvented hot water tank. The other heating is a standard convector heater on the bedroom wall and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. There will be no washing machine or tumble drier as these are communal and we will be home all day. Any info would be appreciated. The only thing I can find out is that SSE will have to change the meter if I want Economy 7 as my present supplier will not do that and I cant find anyone else who does this Superdeal.
Page 1
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 6th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 4,762 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 6th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    SSE is :

E7
    SC=21.92 Day=10.57 Night=4.85

Superdeal Area 20 / Southern Area
    SC=21.92 Day=12.29 Night=6.51
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 6th Jul 17, 9:12 PM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:12 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:12 PM
    SSE is :

E7
    SC=21.92 Day=10.57 Night=4.85

Superdeal Area 20 / Southern Area
    SC=21.92 Day=12.29 Night=6.51
    Originally posted by Richie-from-the-Boro
    Isn't there also a stored heat unit price which is even lower that makes up part of the SSE Superdeal tariff?
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 6th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 4,762 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    Isn't there also a stored heat unit price which is even lower that makes up part of the SSE Superdeal tariff?
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Yep, but that's an E10 model and not comparable with E7. I've easy-linked the PDF for the O/P so they can make a decision.

1+3
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • JC-GR
    • By JC-GR 8th Aug 17, 12:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JC-GR
    • 8th Aug 17, 12:00 PM
    • 8th Aug 17, 12:00 PM
    I think footyguy is correct. Economy 7 Superdeal has 3 rates, the 3rd being Stored Heat, which should be the cheapest. Has anyone out there found a company apart from SSE that will quote rates for a Superdeal meter?
    Any latest news Palace?
    I think SSE rates are Day 20.67, Night 10.95, Stored 9.18, Standing 25. These are quite high compared to "ordinary" Economy 7 Day & Night Rates
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 8th Aug 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 8th Aug 17, 12:14 PM
    • 8th Aug 17, 12:14 PM
    I think footyguy is correct. Economy 7 Superdeal has 3 rates, the 3rd being Stored Heat, which should be the cheapest. Has anyone out there found a company apart from SSE that will quote rates for a Superdeal meter?
    Any latest news Palace?
    I think SSE rates are Day 20.67, Night 10.95, Stored 9.18, Standing 25. These are quite high compared to "ordinary" Economy 7 Day & Night Rates
    Originally posted by JC-GR
    Only the legacy supplier is obligated to support a legacy tariff and it's associated metering.

Do not attempt to switch supplier with the existing metering. Attempts to do so invariably end in tears.
    • Stan79
    • By Stan79 29th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stan79
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    Do not attempt to switch supplier with the existing metering. Attempts to do so invariably end in tears.
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Can you expand on that statement?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin