Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rutsan
    • By rutsan 6th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 800Thanks
    rutsan
    Hrh prog 6.
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    Hrh prog 6. 6th Jul 17 at 3:43 PM
    Just had a e-mail saying i had won 6 weekend day passes for HRH prog festival, but i have to pay £10 each person bookin fee. I remeber winning something simular last year. Is this legit or just a way to get people into the festival? Thanks
Page 1
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 6th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 2,692 Posts
    • 15,254 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    There's a similar thread here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5674806
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • I-Owe-You
    • By I-Owe-You 7th Jul 17, 4:52 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 5,018 Thanks
    I-Owe-You
    • 7th Jul 17, 4:52 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 4:52 AM
    I won festival tickets to collect at box office and there was a £20 charitable donation expected per ticket. I felt embarrassed/obligated to pay but that was all the money I had for food and drink inside the festival, so it kind of ruined the day a little.

I've no issue giving to charities of course but don't like to feel pressured to do so. I also think it's unfair given that the tickets were competition wins and there was no mention of this in the T&Cs.

I would've complained but felt it may have been frowned upon contesting about donating to charity!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,680Posts Today

9,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin