Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • riyaz_7
    • By riyaz_7 6th Jul 17, 2:02 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    riyaz_7
    BT Infinity deal
    • 6th Jul 17, 2:02 PM
    BT Infinity deal 6th Jul 17 at 2:02 PM
    Hi

I am currently with Virgin and weighing up the idea of moving to BT fibre. The deal posted appears to be a brilliant deal compared to Virgin but what is the likelyhood of receiving the £125.00 prepay mastercard and 50.00 cashback?

Can the prepay mastercard be used to make a payment onto the BT account?

Also not sure how to go about changing. I would like to keep my landline number. Do I sign up first with BT? What about the 30 day cancellation period with Virgin?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Page 1
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 6th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    • 861 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    shaggy
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    Hi

I am currently with Virgin and weighing up the idea of moving to BT fibre. The deal posted appears to be a brilliant deal compared to Virgin but what is the likelyhood of receiving the £125.00 prepay mastercard and 50.00 cashback?

Can the prepay mastercard be used to make a payment onto the BT account?

Also not sure how to go about changing. I would like to keep my landline number. Do I sign up first with BT? What about the 30 day cancellation period with Virgin?

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Originally posted by riyaz_7
    I dont know about whether the prepay mastercard can be used to top up your BT account, but to get the card, you have to follow the instructions on the email they send you after signing up. Its easy enough as long as you follow the instructions. I had no issues receiving the card but it can take around 30 days.

I also got about £115 Topcashback with my deal last year making it even better

You just sign up with BT and they should do everything in the background and your Virgin one should stop when BT take over the line
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 6th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,832 Posts
    • 1,926 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    You can't "top up" a BT account.

The payment options are whole bill Direct Debit or monthly payment plan.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 6th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Al Ross
    • 6th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    Go through TopCasback Site.You will get £180 from them and your BT Reward card on top of that.

I have received this deal with 3 different properties I own.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 18,327 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 6th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    Go through TopCasback Site.You will get £180 from them and your BT Reward card on top of that.

I have received this deal with 3 different properties I own.
    Originally posted by Al Ross
    That's only for the top package though. There is a sliding scale for lower packages. Although I do agree that the OP should check out TCB/Quidco to see what the best cashback rates are.

• astra46
    • By astra46 6th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    astra46
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:42 PM
    Shame they dont do package that includes calls to mobiles
    • Huwbert
    • By Huwbert 7th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Huwbert
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    Have gone for the BT Inifity 1 deal with landline and calls for £29.99 a month with £125 cashback from BT and £100 TCB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,916Posts Today

8,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin