Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yordie
    • By yordie 6th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yordie
    0 WOW
    riu bachata closing mid way through my holiday
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    0 WOW
    riu bachata closing mid way through my holiday 6th Jul 17 at 12:25 PM
    The holiday i booked back in march is closing .I found out on the internet thomson did not inform me,i went into the shop but they were no use so phoned thomson was on hold for 4 hours they were just as bad they said i have to wait for a change of hotel confirmation letter.i couls cancel and get my money back and re book another holiday but i have bought return train tickects and a hotel for the night before travel will thomson refund me this as well as theyknew it was closing back in may long before i booked train and hotel plus before the balance was paid as well.help.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 6th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 23,840 Posts
    • 11,040 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    They will only refund you for your holiday.
    Use the flights and see what accommodation they come up with is my advice.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 6th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 15,186 Posts
    • 10,980 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    Has it been bought by someone else?
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 6th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 3,983 Posts
    • 8,469 Thanks
    minimad1970
    • 6th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    Has it been bought by someone else?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    I think Carnival Corp. have bought it.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 7th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:11 PM
    The Carnival Corporation have bought the Bachata, Merengue and Mambo. They're going to build a Gran Hotel on the sites which will be for their cruise passengers.

As these are no longer available to Thomson, Thomson have pulled their flights to POP. Wherever they offer the OP it won't be to Puerto Plata.

Yordie

Thomson are not responsible for consequential loss. If you want a refund they will only refund what you paid to them, not to other suppliers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,101Posts Today

9,110Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin