Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Ben
    • By MSE Ben 6th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Ben
    MSE News: Monzo, Revolut and Curve customers hit by glitch
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    MSE News: Monzo, Revolut and Curve customers hit by glitch 6th Jul 17 at 12:23 PM
    Digital bank and prepaid card provider Monzo has warned its users their payments may be declined due to a fault...
    Read the full story:
    'Monzo, Revolut and Curve customers hit by glitch'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 06-07-2017 at 4:22 PM.
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 7th Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    • 9,604 Posts
    • 6,110 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:11 AM
    Duplicate thread, or mse spamming their own forum?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 7th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    • 3,081 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    Personally, I don't see the value of a whole article to tell people that the problem is resolved. Unless the underlying theme of the article is warning people of such prepaid cards which do not have a guarantee and in that case I agree with it.
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 7th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 1,104 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    Personally, I don't see the value of a whole article to tell people that the problem is resolved.
    Originally posted by Anthorn

When the article was first released the problem had not been resolved. The first paragraph currently reads:

Update 11.15am: Since we published this story the technical issue now appears to have been resolved and cards are working normally.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 7th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 1,158 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:55 PM
    I found it rather disconcerting to learn that all of these fintech banks and cards use the same payment processor, GPS in Dubai. (The details of this were soon edited out of the article, but included no mention of a cyber skirmish with Qatar.) So when GPS go down, as they did before in March, none of those cards will work and there's no safety in having several of them, without a 'normal' bank or credit card as backup.
    • Chapuys
    • By Chapuys 9th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Chapuys
    • 9th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    I found it rather disconcerting to learn that all of these fintech banks and cards use the same payment processor, GPS in Dubai. (The details of this were soon edited out of the article, but included no mention of a cyber skirmish with Qatar.) So when GPS go down, as they did before in March, none of those cards will work and there's no safety in having several of them, without a 'normal' bank or credit card as backup.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    All these cards use Wirecard card payments to run the backend processing so when Wirecard goes down, they all do. Monzo is however, creating its own card processing service when it launches its own current accounts later this year.
    Anything I say in no way constitutes financial advice and anything you do is your own decision.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,472Users online

Martin's Twitter