Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goodersman
    • By goodersman 6th Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    goodersman
    MBNA online applied credit card.
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    MBNA online applied credit card. 6th Jul 17 at 10:22 AM
    Hi.
    I've had an MBNA credit card for many years now and quite a few years back I checked to see if I was paying ppi on it. I unfortunately was, and not being able to recall asking for it decided to contact them.
    I sent a letter directly to them and after several months received a call from some one stating that as I had applied for the credit card online and had ticked the box saying that I wanted ppi could not make a claim.

Does anyone know if this is right? Or is there still a way I can claim my unwanted ppi payments back?

Ta.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 12,581 Posts
    • 12,766 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:33 AM
    It can't be mis sold when you sold it to yourself.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 7,236 Posts
    • 4,632 Thanks
    -taff
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    You bought it, you weren't sold it, so you can't complain it was missold.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 7th Jul 17, 5:57 PM
    • 14,924 Posts
    • 21,142 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:57 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 5:57 PM
    If the complaint was made "quite a few years back", and rejected, it's now a dead duck.
    • maggy50
    • By maggy50 8th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    maggy50
    • 8th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 6:33 PM
    Online applications were pre ticked so if you did nor untick you bought it .
    Or so they say , I requested a copy sent to me and the tick was there but as I explained I have a long term illness which would have rendered any insurance worthless therefore I would have knowingly not selected it.
    My claim was upheld .
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 8th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4,330 Posts
    • 4,554 Thanks
    societys child
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    Online applications were pre ticked
    Bit of a sweeping statement, some may have been, many weren't.

• takman
    • By takman 10th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 2,407 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    takman
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    Online applications were pre ticked so if you did nor untick you bought it .
    Or so they say , I requested a copy sent to me and the tick was there but as I explained I have a long term illness which would have rendered any insurance worthless therefore I would have knowingly not selected it.
    My claim was upheld .
    Originally posted by maggy50
    So why didn't you question the charge when it appeared on your first statement?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,556Posts Today

6,990Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin