Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aj9648
    • By aj9648 6th Jul 17, 5:03 AM
    • 1,066Posts
    • 95Thanks
    aj9648
    Left iPhone at home - can i use my iPad?
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:03 AM
    Left iPhone at home - can i use my iPad? 6th Jul 17 at 5:03 AM
    Hi

Just realised I've left home without my iPhone and I switched it off before I went to bed so it's offline....and I'm away for the next few days

I have my iPad with me which is on a data plan - can I at least view calls when they come through. At least I can ring them back on the work land line.

In the past I've noticed that when someone phones me I can see the call coming on the iPad as well but can't seem to do it at the moment as the iPhone is switched off?

Any work arounds?

Thanks
Page 1
    • aj9648
    • By aj9648 6th Jul 17, 5:47 AM
    • 1,066 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    aj9648
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:47 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:47 AM
    If I could get a spare iPhone which work sometimes have spares, can I stick my iPad sim into the phone?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 3,003 Posts
    • 3,036 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    The iPad SIM may have a data plan but may not have a call plan. If that's the case then it probably won't have a phone number so won't be able to receive calls.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 6th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 702 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    Hi

Just realised I've left home without my iPhone and I switched it off before I went to bed so it's offline....and I'm away for the next few days

I have my iPad with me which is on a data plan - can I at least view calls when they come through. At least I can ring them back on the work land line.

In the past I've noticed that when someone phones me I can see the call coming on the iPad as well but can't seem to do it at the moment as the iPhone is switched off

Any work arounds?

Thanks
    Originally posted by aj9648
    If you setup your ipad to make and receive calls ie handoff or continuty cant remember which one

i use ipad air and previously macbookxs to makeand receive calls as part of o2 iphone mobile network

google for instructions as i forgot step by step by insrucions though it works excellent when required i can read and delete messages and make calls and receive from ipad no probs
    Last edited by Dandytf; 06-07-2017 at 4:41 PM.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 12,508 Posts
    • 16,702 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    Just enjoy a few days of peace and quiet.

The world won't end because you forgot your phone.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 6th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    20aday
    • 6th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    When iPhone is switched on it's possible to accept phone calls on Mac/iPod Touch/iPad when 'Calls from iPhone' when you're signed into the same iCloud account and using the same Wi-Fi network.

It's possible to receive calls when iPhone is powered off but that seems to be limited to select U.S carriers at the moment.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • gerbox23
    • By gerbox23 9th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gerbox23
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    Umm,,, the world won't end over you forgetting your phone. I recommend you don't use your iPad.I recommend you don't use a phone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

223Posts Today

1,506Users online

Martin's Twitter