Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Memetimms5
    • By Memetimms5 5th Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 95Thanks
    Memetimms5
    Twitter account locked
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:01 PM
    Twitter account locked 5th Jul 17 at 10:01 PM
    Has anyone else had there twitter account locked? I'm guessing it's down to all the comps I've entered.
    I had to accept a call to allow me enter in a pin to unlock my account. But I may be charged!!
Page 1
    • mansey
    • By mansey 5th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 3,295 Posts
    • 11,406 Thanks
    mansey
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    Has anyone else had there twitter account locked? I'm guessing it's down to all the comps I've entered.
    I had to accept a call to allow me enter in a pin to unlock my account. But I may be charged!!
    Originally posted by Memetimms5
    I was locked out of my Twitter account two nights ago and had to accept a call at 3am to listen to a code

The reason I was locked out was for copying and pasting the word "Thanks!" several times, Twitter does not like copy and paste
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
    • Memetimms5
    • By Memetimms5 5th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Memetimms5
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    I think because I've retweeted so many posts it thought I had an automated account. Was it a US number that rang you?
    • poro
    • By poro 5th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    poro
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    O I didn't realise it might charge! I've had it a couple of times!
    I hope you have a happy day full of kindness
    • Memetimms5
    • By Memetimms5 5th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Memetimms5
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:20 PM
    Well hopefully it won't, but I'll definitely be checking my mobile phone bill when it comes through next.
    • katastrophy
    • By katastrophy 6th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    • 237 Posts
    • 260 Thanks
    katastrophy
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    Happened to me yesterday too, I accepted the call but also wary of the charges, time will tell! Haha, at least I'm not the only obsessive re-tweeter
    • winteremma
    • By winteremma 6th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 4,866 Thanks
    winteremma
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    Also happened to me too. I try to spread my comping tweets out and don't tweet to many at once. I 'm on pay as you go and it didn't look like I was charged for the call.
    April wins - airwick linen set
    • glennamy
    • By glennamy 6th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 63,366 Thanks
    glennamy
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    This just happened to me... I quickly glanced at the 'rules' and one of them states if you repeatedly tweet the same tweet/message the 'new software' will flag this, I looked at the comp I was entering when it locked (Win £75 via PayPal-Open Worldwide!) it is a long term RC tweeting the same daily message. So I think this was the issue for me.

May have to rethink long term RC entering...
    ...Once you get started you can't sit down, come join the fun It's a merry go round, everyone's dancing their troubles away, come join our party see how we play... Lionel Richie ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqAvFx3NxUM
    • ANGELWINGS
    • By ANGELWINGS 6th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 11,433 Thanks
    ANGELWINGS
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    Happened to me too yesterday and I had to take a phone call with a code to unlock my account again - not sure if I was charged or not, it did warn of a possible charge.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 6th Jul 17, 12:38 PM
    • 5,201 Posts
    • 85,746 Thanks
    Blulu
    I'm in the club too. It was easy enough to unlock it though. You click to let them phone you with a code. A voice speaks the code and you type it in and press enter.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow with the Friday tweets?

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 6th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 32,616 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    filtered
    even though you are unblocked your notifications are probably being filtered! you won't show in anyones mentions or retweets. can take days to go away.
    looks like it's a Rafflecoptor problem which is really annoying !
    • Memetimms5
    • By Memetimms5 6th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Memetimms5
    I think I'm going to give the RC comps a miss for a while.
    • Abominus
    • By Abominus 6th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 4,580 Thanks
    Abominus
    Interesting, happened to me yesterday as well. Was a bit confused, i didn't do anything different to my normal routines. Been tweeting today, seems fine although i'm getting far fewer notifications than normal. How can i tell if my tweets are being filtered?
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 6th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 32,616 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    easiest way to check is to tweet @ someone you know and they will tell you if you come up in their notifications. you can also search for your twitter handle and your tweets may not come up and show.
    really annoying. if Rafflecoptor s and gleams are the problem this is super unfair.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 6th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 35,204 Posts
    • 230,116 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Presumably RC/Gleam with a daily retweet produces the same tweet each day it's entered - people would not generally repeatedly send the same tweet with "normal" usage and it looks like Twitters filters are picking this up (no doubt continually sharing the same post on FB would get a response as well).
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 6th Jul 17, 8:12 PM
    • 15,587 Posts
    • 803,778 Thanks
    Daphne01
    Presumably RC/Gleam with a daily retweet produces the same tweet each day it's entered - people would not generally repeatedly send the same tweet with "normal" usage and it looks like Twitters filters are picking this up (no doubt continually sharing the same post on FB would get a response as well).
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    I only ever enter them once and haven't been blocked, it seems your theory's probably correct
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• mansey
    • By mansey 6th Jul 17, 8:21 PM
    • 3,295 Posts
    • 11,406 Thanks
    mansey
    You're right I have just in the last few minutes had a warning from FaceBook.

There was a live comp ran by Hype, they were asking folks to keep typing the word HYPE over and over again to move a rod to hit some dominoes.

There was also a live competition last week ran by Jelly Belly where you had to keep posting emoticons to remove tiles and guess who the image behind was, I also got a warning for doing that.

These companies running these kind of live comps need to be told that by repeatedly doing one thing over and over again we get banned.

Lots of people told companies about sharing now they say we can share if we want to and sharing is caring ect

So they do listen (sometimes)
    Last edited by mansey; 06-07-2017 at 8:24 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 6th Jul 17, 9:31 PM
    • 15,587 Posts
    • 803,778 Thanks
    Daphne01
    I only ever enter them once and haven't been blocked, it seems your theory's probably correct
    Originally posted by Daphne01
    Scratch that I've just been blocked
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• ChamomileTao
    • By ChamomileTao 6th Jul 17, 9:32 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    ChamomileTao
    I've just been locked out of my Twitter account for the first time in ages, ironically I'm tweeting fewer comps than I used to. You can message them to unlock it too if you are at all concerned about the phone call. They must be having a crack down.
    Last edited by ChamomileTao; 06-07-2017 at 9:41 PM.
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 6th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 32,616 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    I've emailed both Rafflecoptor and Gleam! if everyone else can too the more the better!
    maybe they can mix up the entries or make them something else. I'm wondering if it's not the amount you tweet but the use of an outside app. they must think we are bots!!!
    I'm avoiding twitter/facebook entries from now on! annoying!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,332Posts Today

6,379Users online

Martin's Twitter