Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ozhelp
    • By Ozhelp 5th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ozhelp
    Need to consolidate Credit Card debts - is a Loan the best way.
    • 5th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    Need to consolidate Credit Card debts - is a Loan the best way. 5th Jul 17 at 2:43 PM
    I seem to have amounted a total of £12k on my two credit cards and despite trying to make the most of balance transfer 0% rates I now seem to be paying £60 interest on one credit card with the other 0% credit card ending in a couple of months. I always make the minimum payments but with the interest it doesn't seem to be doing much to the total. Due to the amount on my credit cards I am thinking about taking out a loan, it will stretch me but at least I know how much will be coming out and how often. I don't think I would get a 0% for the full amount and the cost of transferring it seems to be about the same as the loan. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
Page 2
    • zippygeorgeandben
    • By zippygeorgeandben 11th Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    • 682 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    zippygeorgeandben
    TheMoonandBack what an uplifting post to read. It's great when you wake up isn't it. The end of the months can't come quick enough for me because I always want to update my signature. As a teacher as well I know I've got a lovely August planned and another £700 or so will come off my debt.
    I hope someone close to you has realised you've turned it around!
    End Sep 2016 End Sep 2017
    £8236.57 £0
    (Tesco 4.8%) £0pcm
    £6185.75 £0(Zopa 4.0%) £0pcm

£5344.50
    £2890.04 (Sainsburys 0% until 06/19) £140pcm
    £2000.00 £1333.35 (Sister 0%) £133.33pcm

Total debt
    £19.766.82 £4223.39 Original DFD May 2019.
    • TheMoonandBack
    • By TheMoonandBack 11th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    TheMoonandBack
    TheMoonandBack what an uplifting post to read. It's great when you wake up isn't it. The end of the months can't come quick enough for me because I always want to update my signature. As a teacher as well I know I've got a lovely August planned and another £700 or so will come off my debt.
    I hope someone close to you has realised you've turned it around!
    Originally posted by zippygeorgeandben
    Thanks, I read your story over a cup of tea. The amount you have paid off so far is amazing, keep going and you will soon be debt free.
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on

Proud to be dealing with my debts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

5,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin