Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sim11
    • By sim11 5th Jul 17, 11:51 AM
    • 607Posts
    • 1,396Thanks
    sim11
    Tsb rewards for 20 transactions and direct debit
    • 5th Jul 17, 11:51 AM
    Tsb rewards for 20 transactions and direct debit 5th Jul 17 at 11:51 AM
    Anyone with a Tsb account can tell me when the £10 of rewards go into account for the 20 transactions and direct debits? I have received the switch bonus. But nothing for these?
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 5th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    • 1,717 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 5th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    I have the previous account where only debit card contact-less transactions are given cash back, they go in around the 20th of the month.
    Last edited by Inner Zone; 05-07-2017 at 3:47 PM. Reason: add contact-less
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    • 7,885 Posts
    • 4,697 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 5th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    Anyone with a Tsb account can tell me when the £10 of rewards go into account for the 20 transactions and direct debits? I have received the switch bonus. But nothing for these?
    Originally posted by sim11

By 20 transactions and direct debits, do you mean that you have used your debit card, Apple or Android Pay on at least 20 occasions, as direct debit payments and internal money transfers don't count ?
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 5th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 1,717 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 5th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    By 20 transactions and direct debits, do you mean that you have used your debit card, Apple or Android Pay on at least 20 occasions, as direct debit payments and internal money transfers don't count ?
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    With the current current accout you can earn up to £5 for debit card contact less transactions and £5 for two DD's.
    • FUrake
    • By FUrake 5th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FUrake
    • 5th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    just out of a matter of interest, how long did it take for you to receive the switch bonus payment, I just switched and wonder if the money is paid bang on 28 days after or before?
    • stclair
    • By stclair 5th Jul 17, 8:39 PM
    • 6,329 Posts
    • 3,372 Thanks
    stclair
    • 5th Jul 17, 8:39 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 8:39 PM
    just out of a matter of interest, how long did it take for you to receive the switch bonus payment, I just switched and wonder if the money is paid bang on 28 days after or before?
    Originally posted by FUrake
    I got mine exactly 28 days from my switching date.

Then the next day I got an email confirming it had been paid.
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • sim11
    • By sim11 5th Jul 17, 10:22 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    sim11
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:22 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:22 PM
    Thank you so it goes in during the following month. Than you again
    • sim11
    • By sim11 5th Jul 17, 10:24 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    sim11
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:24 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:24 PM
    Originally posted by FUrake
    Opened the account on the 6th received on the 30th. So within the 28 days
    • sim11
    • By sim11 5th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    sim11
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    Yes done the direct debits need at least two. Also did more than 20 transactions using debit card.
    Just wanted to say for anyone else reading this thread. That the bonus of £10 per month is a calendar month, not the month from opening the account. I know I had to search for this information, and if it can save someone else time. Thanks again everyone who responded.
    • clivep
    • By clivep 7th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    clivep
    With the current current accout you can earn up to £5 for debit card contact less transactions and £5 for two DD's.
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    The 'earn up to £5 for debit card contact less transactions' would be for the old current account where you can get 5% cashback on up to £100 in contactless transactions per calendar month.

The rules for the current current account are £5 earned for at least 20 debit card payments taken from the account in the calendar month but these do not have to be contactless (so includes online purchases).
    • surreysaver
    • By surreysaver 7th Jul 17, 2:58 PM
    • 2,168 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    surreysaver
    Just wanted to say for anyone else reading this thread. That the bonus of £10 per month is a calendar month, not the month from opening the account. I know I had to search for this information, and if it can save someone else time.
    Originally posted by sim11
    This is always handy to know for when first opening an account, as I'm not sure whether to try and squeeze in enough transactions / dds, or whether to bother having the maximum amount in the account if I know I'm not going to have time to set up dds etc before the end of the month.
    I think most banks use calendar months, but from my experience Tesco and Santander use the anniversary of when you open the account.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin