Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cameron1590
    • By Cameron1590 5th Jul 17, 9:11 AM
    • 96Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Cameron1590
    Setting up online business
    • 5th Jul 17, 9:11 AM
    Setting up online business 5th Jul 17 at 9:11 AM
    Hello,

My partner is looking to setup her first online business selling crafts on Etsy.

I'm worried that something may go wrong and she sells something which injurys someone (pin left in cusion etc).

What is the best route to take regarding protection for us? Obviously she will be careful and check things but I don't want to be sued and loose our assets over something.

Thanks
Page 1
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 5th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 8,101 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 5th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 5th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    Product liability insurance.
    • MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 8th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    MrJones1
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    I don't think that your partner should worry too much about getting a product liability insurance in the initial stage. It's worth to contemplate later on when her business does well. Also, a solid piece of advice for her would be not to put all the eggs in one basket. She should sell her products on different platforms. Maybe a website would be great.
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 8th Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    • 7,596 Posts
    • 8,139 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    1. Product liability insurance

2. Pass all product through a metal detector before packing, and after packing and before posting (possibly two detectors in series)

3. Count all pins and needles before and after each batch of manufacturer.

https://www.scribd.com/document/234313467/Quality-Control-and-Needle-Managment

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1dyHsnjUP60C&lpg=PA76&ots=fFkEu4yaeO&dq=p roduct%20liability%20metal%20detector&pg=PA75#v=on epage&q=product%20liability%20metal%20detector&f=f alse
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 9th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    I don't think that your partner should worry too much about getting a product liability insurance in the initial stage. It's worth to contemplate later on when her business does well. Also, a solid piece of advice for her would be not to put all the eggs in one basket. She should sell her products on different platforms. Maybe a website would be great.
    Originally posted by MrJones1
    wrong advice, if you are selling on a commercial basis then i would get insurance at the first stage. you can get fully covered on special craft insurance from £52 a year

http://www.gmisl.co.uk/site/products/craftinsure-starter/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,988Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter