Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Glen0000
    Thinking of giving up work to go on benefits
    • 4th Oct 07, 10:13 AM
    Thinking of giving up work to go on benefits 4th Oct 07 at 10:13 AM
    I am a hard working man who is thoroughly fed up. It seems every month the cost of living is going up and up and I am struggling to see the point of working anymore. I hardly get to see my family and we don't have much left over at the end of the month anyway. My wife has just taken on a part time job and she is miserable and it means we are spending even less time together.

I am skint if I work, so I am thinking of giving it all up. Yes, I will be just as skint on benefits, but at least i will be able to spend time with my wife.

I have 2 mates on benefits and they have a great life. Do the odd job on the side to make ends meet. No commute, spend every evening and weekend with the family. Have lots of time to do odd jobs round the house.

Please tell me what is the point of working 40+ hours a week when Gordon seems to take every penny?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,435Posts Today

8,489Users online

Martin's Twitter