Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,806Posts
    • 9,049Thanks
    kathrynha
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Jul 17 at 8:37 AM
    Starting a new thread to help Shala out. Please all be kind to me, as I'm new to this. I will try my best.

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 16
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 16th Jul 17, 8:02 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good evening, everyone, hope everybody has had a good weekend .

This will be my Monday's menu plan...

Breakfast... porridge A/B strawberries Raspberries blueberries.

Lunch. .ham,egg,salad,few baked crispy pots.Tbsp light salad cream 3 syns

Dinner.. left over meat and potato pie ( no crust ) carrots and turnip mash
    Couple sprigs cauli. .Banana.

Extra f f yoghurt , clementine Apple 2 crackerbread/butter 6 syns
    9 syns
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,476 Thanks
    maman
    welcome back Ruthy , sounds like a very active holiday and well done on the park run. All good Body Magic!

I suppose it's because fresh vegetables are difficult to grow and have to be imported that makes them so expensive in Iceland. Such a contrast to my Turkish holiday where it was incredibly cheap to have loads of tomatoes and cherries and other fresh stuff.

wiz , not sure which light salad cream you use but many brands are a lot less than 3 syns for a tbsp.

DH only managed a child sized dinner so loads of LO veg for my lunch.
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 17th Jul 17, 7:34 AM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 14,928 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Diezel is gorgeous
    Originally posted by tweets
    Oh and doesn't he know it! The amount of people who commented on him! Oh and a couple of young girls who stopped to fuss him, hubby said son should have been there he may have hooked up
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 17th Jul 17, 7:51 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    kathrynha
    I need either new scales or glasses... I cannot see... think I have lost 2 lbs... maybe 3!...
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I've put you in the spreadsheet as 2lb loss. Well done on the loss whatever it is.

Today is a busy day. Hospital again this afternoon, so eating will all be a bit iffy.
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Late morning - fruit and aldi skips
    Dinner - got mince in the fridge
    Snacks - cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    • maman
    • By maman 17th Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,476 Thanks
    maman
    Hope your hospital appointment goes well kathrynha. Will you get some advice on what you can eat going forward?

DH is picking up a little. He's been to the surgery this morning and he has an upper respiratory tract infection so seems to feel brighter now he knows what it is. We're meant to be going for a Thai meal with friends this evening but whether we'll go depends how he progresses through the day. So my eating plans are unsure.

EE plan (so far):
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: turkey rissoles, fried LO veg, pickled cabbage
    D: tbc
    Syns: squirt of syrup and ???
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 17th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Hope your hospital appointment goes well kathrynha. Will you get some advice on what you can eat going forward?
    Originally posted by maman
    Not the best of appointments, but I knew it wouldn't be, as it was a follow up of a bad one the other week. Feeling bruised, and back at the hospital tomorrow, when I will know more definite stuff. On the restricted diet for the foreseeable future
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jul 17, 6:48 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,482 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Not relly caught up over the weekend as been crazily busy
    Well done to everyone that has lost to those that have gained, its a new week xx
    Hugs to all the poorlies xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 17th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Where you off to on your cruise ? Do you need someone to help you with your luggage?
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    We sail from Newcastle over to Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Shetland, back to Norway and back to Newcastle. Leave on 29th July. I'm excited to just get away and relax but dubious of the weather as I'm very much a beach holiday kind of girl! But I got my choice of Mexico last summer for my 30th and so hubby had this years choice!

I need help figuring out what kind of clothes to take!

Have been completely off plan since Thursday so hoping that my gain on Wednesday isn't too disgraceful!

Have been out trying to tackle my jungle of a garden today so some serious body magic has taken place! Very achey now!

I did only realise this evening though, that I hadn't actually eaten anything all day, just drunk loads of water. Dinner was a chuck random stuff together in a pan meal. So ended up with pasta, mushrooms, courgette and sweetcorn in a sw chunky tomato pasta sauce. Syn free.

Will use my healthy extras in a while. Not sure if I should use any syns as I've eaten so badly over the past few days. I don't know whether it's better to not have any or whether to use 5?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Jul 17, 9:06 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,026 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not the best of appointments, but I knew it wouldn't be, as it was a follow up of a bad one the other week. Feeling bruised, and back at the hospital tomorrow, when I will know more definite stuff. On the restricted diet for the foreseeable future
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow for you.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 17th Jul 17, 10:51 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 12,648 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    We have had a very busy weekend,a few too many syns involved each day,so consider myself lucky to have got away with STS.
    After weigh-in tonight,I did a big grocery shop,and am ready to get back on the wagon.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast:2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB),Flora light (1 .5 syns),marmite
    Pear,apple

No lunch,more like quick snacks,really: yoghurt (free),
    popcorn (2.5 syns)

Tea: chicken,roast butternut squash,sweeet potato wedges,swede,green beans,carrot,gravy using Knorr gravy pot (2.5 syns)
    Last edited by Saver-upper; 18-07-2017 at 12:55 AM.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £295,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    • By maman 17th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,476 Thanks
    maman
    I'd just draw a line and get back on plan as soon as you can for as long as you can before the cruise missteach .As for clothes for your cruise I'd suggest what you'd wear for the average British summer so layers! Jeans and jumpers and some tops and the odd skirt or dress in case the sun shines on you!

We did get to the Thai restaurant tonight. DH is much better. I avoided the very synful stuff like prawn crackers but the banquet style meal had loads of sauces.....and the wine syns.

New day tomorrow
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 18th Jul 17, 4:54 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow for you.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks Beanielou.

As you can see from the post time slemployment isn't happening. Not going to do a food plan for today, but I will have some healthy Snacks in my bag in case I feel hungry at all
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 18th Jul 17, 9:59 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 907 Thanks
    MissTeach
    I'd just draw a line and get back on plan as soon as you can for as long as you can before the cruise missteach .As for clothes for your cruise I'd suggest what you'd wear for the average British summer so layers! Jeans and jumpers and some tops and the odd skirt or dress in case the sun shines on you!

We did get to the Thai restaurant tonight. DH is much better. I avoided the very synful stuff like prawn crackers but the banquet style meal had loads of sauces.....and the wine syns.

New day tomorrow
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks! I'm not really a layers type of girl! I get too hot. I think this is where I struggle, I get cold easily at home and can happily sit with a hoodie on but if I go out I then get too hot! And in summer I'm always melting - this is getting better as the weight is coming off but I still struggle! Although saying that, I did have to buy a hoodie when I was in California at Easter as I'd packed summer clothes which were generally fine but the evenings were chilly and one day we went out whale watching and it was cold at sea!

Hope you have a good day today - feel your pain with the sauces - was at an Indian wedding on Saturday and there was a buffet style lunch then a 3 course sit down meal in the evening. The curries were so good though and the cheesecake for pudding was divine! Oh and an open bar. I fear tomorrow may be utterly disastrous at weigh in!
    • WJN222
    • By WJN222 18th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    WJN222
    morning all,

good WI this morning with a loss of -1lb happy with that.

away with work for a couple of nights this week so could get tricky! will try my hardest though
    walk 2017 miles in 2017 - 415 of 2017
    SW journey - loose 28lbs - 14lb of 28
    Clear the stash July OUT : IN = 17:2
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 18th Jul 17, 10:39 AM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Well yesterday I did my menu plan for today Tuesday ,but it has disappeared.So,, I will have to do it again.

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch...ham salad beetroot, light salad cream 15 g 2 syns ? Raspberries.

Dinner... chicken salad few s/w chips. Clementine. Apple.

Extra . F f yoghurt.kit Kat 2 finger dark 5.05 syns banana.
    7.05 syns

I think it's altered a little but I will stick to this one. Fingers crossed,.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 18th Jul 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Here is this weeks chart. Sorry it's slightly late.

SOTW is TakeItEazy

• Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 6,832 Posts
    • 31,198 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join the challenge a couple of weeks late please. There are seven weeks left so I'd like to aim for 7lbs please Kathrynha! (Thanks for setting up the thread, hope all is OK with Shala?)

I was fresh back from my holiday on Saturday and ready to get straight back on plan Sunday, but I got my cat back from the cattery to fond she was completely off her food. She's 14 and has had bowel issues for a long time and after seeing a very expensive and negative emergency vet on Sunday I feared the worst for the follow up appointment with my own vet yesterday. But she was much more positive, gave antibiotics and vitamin jabs and cat has been much happier since and eaten loads of tuna. Seeing her again this eve for blood results so fingers crossed.

Anyway, the upshot of all that stress is of course that I ate rubbish. Starting properly today, and I'm way up to my highest weight again so hoping even a few days on plan will result in a loss by Friday. The strange thing is that even though I'm at my biggest, I don't actually feel that huge... I think I'm getting used to looking and feeling like this and that's not a good thing.

I'm hoping that because I have no holiday or anything in the pipeline now, that I can just plod along with no date target in mind and won't get to the point where I think, oh well I won't lose two stone in the next three weeks anyway so sod it, which is what has been happening.

Today:
    B - Coffee (A,3), bacon, mushroom and onion omelette
    D - Chicken salad (carrot, cucumber, beetroot (1), 10g pumpkin seeds and 1 tsp pine nuts (B)
    T - Creamy mushroom and tomato pasta (SW recipe)
    HEA - MIlk
    HEB - Pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
    Syns - Sugar (3), beetroot (Tesco packaged grated stuff with smoky flavour - 1), hot chocolate (2), ice lolly (2) = 8

Sorry for the radio silence followed by massive essay Hope everyone's OK? x
    Slimming for Santa (2/8)
    Drink The Tea challenge: (10/200)
    Currently reading: Devil's Cub; Alice in Wonderland; The White Tiger AB (42/30 in 2017)
    Christmas spending so far: £11.96
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 18th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,049 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Added you to the chart Tete
    • maman
    • By maman 18th Jul 17, 12:07 PM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,476 Thanks
    maman
    well done on your loss WJN.

Sorry you're suffering kathrynha.

I know what you mean about getting used to being heavier than you want to be tete. I find myself avoiding many of my clothes because I don't want the tightness to remind me. Leggings should never have been invented! They're so easy and comfy for doing chores around the house.

It does help to plan something to aim for. Holidays are good but do you have any event you could use as a target?

Today is going to be 100% on plan.

EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    L: cold chicken, fried veg, pickles
    D: baked salmon, SW chips, aubergine/tomato/pepper meze with mushrooms, courgettes and maybe some mange tout and broccoli
    Syns: Absolutely none!!

I'm hoping I might venture to WI on Friday morning because next week looks clear of eating out so if I'm out of range I can work on it. That's the plan.
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 18th Jul 17, 12:16 PM
    • 6,832 Posts
    • 31,198 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Thanks Kathryn!

I have a few weekends away in September/October Maman so would be nice to feel slimmer by then. Just going to aim for the targets on these challenges though. That mezze sounds delicious!
    Slimming for Santa (2/8)
    Drink The Tea challenge: (10/200)
    Currently reading: Devil's Cub; Alice in Wonderland; The White Tiger AB (42/30 in 2017)
    Christmas spending so far: £11.96
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,913Users online

Martin's Twitter