Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,651Posts
    • 8,029Thanks
    kathrynha
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Jul 17 at 8:37 AM
    Starting a new thread to help Shala out. Please all be kind to me, as I'm new to this. I will try my best.

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    • 15,168 Posts
    • 183,689 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Just had SW chips.... they were rather nice!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,309 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Glad you enjoyed them
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jul 17, 9:15 PM
    • 47,817 Posts
    • 173,626 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have never managed yet to get them right
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Jul 17, 9:35 PM
    • 16,874 Posts
    • 100,841 Thanks
    maman
    Originally posted by beanielou
    It took me about 5 years! I've picked up various tips over time. I parboil for 5 minutes, drain and spread them out on one of those net trays from Poundland. Spray with Frylight then put in oven (tray directly on oven shelf) at about 200 for 30 minutes turning half way through. HTH.
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 15th Jul 17, 10:02 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 15,065 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good to hear you sounding positive wiz . I've been meaning to ask if MrWiz eats veg as it helps when everyone has the same meal.

I'm sure you deserved those bacon rolls bubbs , workers have to be fed!

I've had a good afternoon cooking and listening to the radio. The turkey rissoles are moreish so I've put them in the fridge to try and forget about them. If I make them again I'd add more spices. The aubergine and tomato meze is cooling, might need to taste that later. Swede and carrot is cooking now ready to make mash for tomorrow and a portion for the freezer.

Just taking a break with glass of wine before doing dinner but veg is all prepped so won't take too long.

Have a good evening all.
    Originally posted by maman
    Maman, mr Wiz eats every veg there is except parsnips I envy him.
    We have the same meals except chicken . He won't eat any fowl. His father and brother with him, had a turkey farm ( chickens and ducks etc as well and he hated killing them so, he couldn't eat any fowl. Although when he was ill once he had to eat chicken and fish .. he ate it but didn't like it. We try and have the same meals and I jiggle about with the veg i.e. Couple of sprigs of cauli, and sometimes a few green beans I can't get in to thus veg eating, I blame it on school dinners in the 40s and 50s.
    Last edited by wizkid1; 15-07-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    • 16,874 Posts
    • 100,841 Thanks
    maman
    Thanks wiz . That's a good thing that MrWiz likes veg. It means they're available for you to have whatever portion you can manage. A small portion is better than none at all. You've doing well and you're good with the Speed fruit too
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 16th Jul 17, 11:14 AM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 8,029 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Thank you for the lemon curd recipe Maman.

Yesterday was bad for food, but good for body magic.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - HM pot noodle
    Dinner - roast beef

HA - milk
    HB - none
    Syns - gravy, Yorkshire pudding
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 16th Jul 17, 11:15 AM
    • 2,202 Posts
    • 14,834 Thanks
    TakeItEazy

Diezel enjoyed his walk along the marshes and down by the mud flats (tide was out) at Wells Next the Sea and so did we
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 16th Jul 17, 11:19 AM
    • 2,202 Posts
    • 14,834 Thanks
    TakeItEazy

Stopped for a spot of lunch too

( didn't eat it, brought it home and still here )
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 15,168 Posts
    • 183,689 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I need either new scales or glasses... I cannot see... think I have lost 2 lbs... maybe 3!...
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 16th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 7,645 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Hello lovelies

I'm good thanks Maman Just a bit tired

B - Scrambled eggs and beans on toast (HEXB)

D - Fish stew with 50g of white baguette (6?)

T - Savoury mince and vegetables

A pint of milk before bed is my nightcap these days
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 16th Jul 17, 12:29 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 7,645 Thanks
    Top Girl
    SW Chips -

I put in cold water, bring to the boil and boil for five minutes.

I drain, spray the baking tray with frylight then put the chips on and spray the tops too.

I cook on full until done to my taste, usually 15-20 minutes

Delicious
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Jul 17, 12:40 PM
    • 47,817 Posts
    • 173,626 Thanks
    beanielou

Diezel enjoyed his walk along the marshes and down by the mud flats (tide was out) at Wells Next the Sea and so did we
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    Looks like he is enjoying himself

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 16th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 16,874 Posts
    • 100,841 Thanks
    maman
    I need either new scales or glasses... I cannot see... think I have lost 2 lbs... maybe 3!...

that's a good loss whichever one it is!

Glad you're feeling well topgirl. I think it was you gave me the savoury mince recipe. It's yummy. I'm planning to use some for cottage pie later in the week, hopefully with swede/carrot topping to make it SP.

Just keep doing a beanie and keep plodding kathrynha. It must be very hard when your doctor is happy for you to eat synful food.

Good Body Magic for you and diezel on the walk tie. Well done for resisting the chocolate.

DH is still suffering but is managing to eat his dinner. I never plate up our Sunday roast so he can eat what he fancies tonight and any LOs will be great for my lunches.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: turkey rissoles, aubergine/pepper/tomato meze and small JP.
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes and parsnips, broccoli, cauli, carrots, braised red cabbage
    Syns: gravy, maybe stuffing, weekend wine
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Jul 17, 12:58 PM
    • 47,817 Posts
    • 173,626 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks Maman & TopGirl

Hope you are keeping well TopGirl?

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Jul 17, 1:20 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,309 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Well done SSM
    I use an actifry for chips
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 28,739 Posts
    • 411,227 Thanks
    tweets

Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    Diezel is gorgeous
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    • 28,739 Posts
    • 411,227 Thanks
    tweets
    Put half on

Better change my signature feel not done it for a couple weeks
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15,168 Posts
    • 183,689 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Originally posted by beanielou
    SW Chips -

I put in cold water, bring to the boil and boil for five minutes.

I drain, spray the baking tray with frylight then put the chips on and spray the tops too.

I cook on full until done to my taste, usually 15-20 minutes

Delicious
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    I did that, but dried them before popping into the oven.

Put half on

Better change my signature feel not done it for a couple weeks
    Originally posted by tweets
    You have lost so much, it is amazing x
    • Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 16th Jul 17, 7:54 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 5,002 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Hi all,

I'm back from my holiday & back on plan (as from tomorrow). I have no idea if I've gained or lost but I've been really active all holiday. I've walked 20K steps most days & not eaten badly. However we were in Iceland so food is mega expensive so I've eaten a lot of carbs (pasta, bread, cereal bars). Fresh veg was just beyond our budget

I ran my first ever park run on Sat - took 37.45m to do the 5K, but I'm chuffed to bits that I kept going and actually finished. DH finished 15m quicker & DD 10 minutes quicker

I'm dreading work in the morning

I will catch up with everyone's news later on.

Ruth
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 4.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £9845/£30000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

5,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin