Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,378Posts
    • 6,022Thanks
    kathrynha
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Jul 17 at 8:37 AM
    Starting a new thread to help Shala out. Please all be kind to me, as I'm new to this. I will try my best.

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 45.5 lb
    Last updated: 11th July 2017
    Body Magic: Bronze earned 27th June 2017
    2 weeks towards silver
Page 14
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 14th Jul 17, 8:40 AM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 14,678 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Help ! I am in desperate need, I have put 2 lb ON this will NOT do I am heading the wrong way. It was my birthday yesterday and I went out for a meal .That's fine you may think but there was'nt any thing healthy for me to eat..But, I had had a bad week to start with, my worst yet.
    I will have to draw a line though it and start again. Hope everyone else has done better than me. Hugs to everyone But I need a big big push...
    • esmy
    • By esmy 14th Jul 17, 9:05 AM
    • 742 Posts
    • 1,951 Thanks
    esmy
    Morning all.

-2lb for me today, taking me (just) over the 2 stone mark since January - slow and steady - and 10lb off my original target I set when I joined SW. 5 days all inclusive next week where the food is reported to be very good might well put paid to that! I'll do lots of swimming and walking to minimise any damage. Should also help with toning up a tummy that's looking more flabby since I've lost weight, a bit like after you've had a baby!

Congratulations losers, hugs to those struggling.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 6,022 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done to all the losers. Spresdsheet updated

Happy birthday Wizkid. 2 lb gain isn't too bad when you've had your birthday. We all go through phases though of feeling like we are on a backwards diet. You know you can get the losses you want, just draw a line under last week, and try again, no guilt.

Now to try and follow my own advice :S
    Struggling with stuff at the moment. Things aint great, but what I eat should be something I can control in theory.

Today's plan (hopefully not a work of fiction)
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - HM pot noodle
    Dinner - salmon stir fry
    Snacks - fruit

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - Could do with not having any, cos I ate them all yesterday

Body magic - need to do some
    2 weeks towards silver
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 14th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 7,134 Thanks
    Top Girl
    I've been moved offices for the day

Puts me in full control of my food though as there are no facilities

I have

A ham and egg sandwich (HEXB)
    2 apples
    A chicken salad
    Pickled onion space raiders (3)
    Snack a jacks (multipack, 5)
    Diet coke

Creole fish and corn stew for tea tonight.

BM traipsing between offices

Have a wonderful Friday y'all!
    • Matron Midge
    • By Matron Midge 14th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 413 Posts
    • 3,552 Thanks
    Matron Midge
    I went to face the music and got away with a +1.5LB gain.
    I'm still under target and in range so I'm very pleased.
    Chilli, wedges and prosecco for tea tonight as our friends are over so just need to sort out a synless lunch and I'll be on plan (ish)
    Panic ye not WIZ, often meals out are salt laden and then you retain water so it might just be that. Fingers crossed you have a better week xx
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 16,206 Posts
    • 96,755 Thanks
    maman
    You kept that birthday quiet wiz! Many Happy Returns for yesterday I agree it's very difficult to find healthy options in restaurants. Many of them don't even serve salads in high summer. All you can do is draw a line and get back on plan. The gain will soon be a distant memory.

It's really hard eating healthily when you're not in control ellsbel. At least you tried to minimise the damage.

Well done on your loss esmy and bubbs on your losses.

Hope you're OK kathrynha. Just have a rant on here if it helps. Great to see you sticking to plan topgirl. Hope you're feeling fit?

I'm great one for enjoying holidays and then getting back to healthy eating afterwards but it is worth a try making good choices esmy. AI often have buffet food, which can include salad and lean meat/fish, so you can load your plate with the good stuff and minimise the syns.

Glad you stayed in range midge. It's hard to tell whether I am. I feel a little bit thinner than when I came back from holiday I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to WI soon. The trouble is that social events are starting to come up in the diary so I can't see it getting any better.

I portioned up the savoury mince for the freezer this morning (topgirl recipe I think). For lunch I'm just eating up bits of fresh stuff that needs using. I need to do my meal plan and a shop but I'll leave that until later. My DH has a dose of man flu so I'm putting a ready meal down for dinner in case he doesn't feel like eating. If he brightens up then I might cook something.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, strawberries
    L: JP, ham, cottage cheese, tomatoes, cornichons
    D: Lamb Rogan Josh with pilau and extra mushrooms
    Syns: weekend wine or I might make that weekend gin to save a few syns. Lantanna where are you?
    • AuntyCat
    • By AuntyCat 14th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    AuntyCat
    2lb loss I've not done very well at keeping up with reading or posting, but thankfully I can still declare a loss.

My bad day on Sunday didn't seem to cause any harm.

Well done to everyone with their losses.
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 14th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 14,678 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hi, everyone, I started well today, hope tomorrow is as good.

My menu plan for Saturday.

Breakfast.. porridge A/B. Strawberries raspberries.

Lunch. Bacon egg sausage 4 syns tomato beans toast 6 syns strawberries melon

Dinner..Finnan haddock new potatoes mixed veg, extra garden peas. Apple

Extra. F f yoghurt. 2 crispbread/ butter 5 syns.
    15 syns
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Jul 17, 8:00 PM
    • 14,616 Posts
    • 179,494 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Congratulations on your loss... and not to big gains x

I've been moved offices for the day

Puts me in full control of my food though as there are no facilities

I have

A ham and egg sandwich (HEXB)
    2 apples
    A chicken salad
    Pickled onion space raiders (3)
    Snack a jacks (multipack, 5)
    Diet coke

Creole fish and corn stew for tea tonight.

BM traipsing between offices

Have a wonderful Friday y'all!
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    That sounds lovely.

I've been walking/shuffling aka attempting to jog low impact again, absolutely naffed.... enough to put me off my tea! Every cloud and all that!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jul 17, 8:20 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,064 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well done everyone that has lost
    If you haven't next week is a new week x
    Well i have had carb overload today and guess tomorrow will be the same
    I am totally knackered helping my sister move, should have a good loss this week with all the upping and down stairs and humping boxes
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 1,891 Posts
    • 13,664 Thanks
    greentiger
    Hi all. well done those of you heading in the right direction. Chins up, the rest of us! We will turn it round.

Congratulations to those of you with something to celebrate. I'm celebrating the return of the football season tomorrow. The mighty Bairns will no doubt lose to the minnows of Stirling in the League Cup. Yes it's a REAL game, not a friendly. I'm going to miss 3 games when I'm on holiday!!!! I'm annoyed because I always do better SW wise when the footie's on; I think it gives more structure to my week.

To help avoid snacking, I've picked up my crochet hook again and have started a new blanket. And I've joined FB group, "Hook Yourself Slim" . Get your minds out of the gutter, ladies, although that might be ......
    Stashbusting 114
    /200

17 in 17 Challenge 11/17
    Reading Challenge 12/40
    Film Challenge 25/52
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    • 14,616 Posts
    • 179,494 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hi all. well done those of you heading in the right direction. Chins up, the rest of us! We will turn it round.

Congratulations to those of you with something to celebrate. I'm celebrating the return of the football season tomorrow. The mighty Bairns will no doubt lose to the minnows of Stirling in the League Cup. Yes it's a REAL game, not a friendly. I'm going to miss 3 games when I'm on holiday!!!! I'm annoyed because I always do better SW wise when the footie's on; I think it gives more structure to my week.

To help avoid snacking, I've picked up my crochet hook again and have started a new blanket. And I've joined FB group, "Hook Yourself Slim" . Get your minds out of the gutter, ladies, although that might be ......
    Originally posted by greentiger

Sounds like a good way to supplement your income!

If I was married, I would say I am a football widow..... I just do not get it. I once watch a few minutes of Robbie Williams in a game... put me off him for life!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 14th Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    • 2,459 Posts
    • 5,355 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Just a quick one from me as I was planning to weigh before travelling up to N Wales today but our plans changed and we travelled at the crack of dawn & when we arrived went straight up Snowden.

Needless to say syns went out of the window today & I'm shattered.

Next time it's the train
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 15th Jul 17, 9:21 AM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 6,022 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Hope you're OK kathrynha. Just have a rant on here if it helps.
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks Maman. Not really okay, but not ready to really say much at the moment. Just need to get my head round some stuff.

Yesterday wasn't too bad eating wise, mainly due to not feeling like eating, but I did naff all body magic. Definitely putting working towards my silver on hold.

Today's plan (not sure why I'm bothering, but at least it gives me something to aim for)
    Breakfast - toast and hm lemon curd - not good, but it was nice
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - takeaway, but will pick well

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - lots!
    2 weeks towards silver
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 15th Jul 17, 9:50 AM
    • 2,155 Posts
    • 14,487 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Morning all

Wi with a loss (finally ) of 2.6lb despite last nights staff do (and cashewgate ). The meal was a buffet and quite healthy (for me) I had ham, salad, beetroot, coleslaw and potato salad. I had 1 glass of water too
    Had a stress headache for few days too, one week to go then I can forget work

Today I'm spending quality time with the hubby, we're going out for day but not decided where yet. Will be nice whatever we do just being together for a change
    Have a good weekend all
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    • 4,540 Posts
    • 33,477 Thanks
    joedenise
    Have caught up with all the posts. Not posting any plans as still on holiday and not always in control of food! Today should be ok as we're not eating out.

Back soon. Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Jul 17, 1:52 PM
    • 16,206 Posts
    • 96,755 Thanks
    maman
    Sounds like a good way to supplement your income!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

Each to his own sunshinemummy. I can't believe how quickly the new season is coming around greentiger. It'll soon be time for me to get the half time Crunchies out again!

on your loss tie. Sounds lovely to have a day out together. Enjoy it.

Today's plan (not sure why I'm bothering, but at least it gives me something to aim for)
    Breakfast - toast and hm lemon curd - not good, but it was nice
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - takeaway, but will pick well

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - lots!
    Originally posted by kathrynha

I've never tried it myself (the recipe I mean) but if you like lemon curd there is a SW version:
    https://kellsslimmingworldadventure.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/recipe-syn-free-lemon-curd/

My DH is still suffering with his man flu so we won't be going to the nephew's party today. I'll miss catching up with family but not the synful nibbles that my niece always lays on. Every cloud eh! Might make up for the crisps I succumbed to last night to go with the wine. 6.5 syns for a measly 25g bag!

I might get some cooking done later. I want to try those turkey rissoles (got some YS mince yesterday) and I've got a couple of aubergines I want to try a Turkish meze dish with.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, mushrooms, HEB (half) toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickled cabbage
    D: chicken stir fry with noodles
    Syns: weekend wine
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 48,567 Posts
    • 566,064 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Well done to the people that have lost
    I want a big loss this week, after all the moving of boxes , up and down stairs, loading cars and a lorry for my sisters move.
    BUT
    I have had a white bacon roll yesterday and today , beggers cant be choosers was asked if i wanted a 2nd today , i really did but said no just had another slice of bacon instead
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 15th Jul 17, 6:05 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 14,678 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hiya everybody, I have had a good day today and even had after my dinner, a sliver of apple pie with a spoonful of alpro ice cream and a squirt of light squirty cream .136 calories about 7 syns So, not too bad eh!

This is my tomorrow's menu Sunday

Breakfast...overnightoats with f f yoghurt and mixed berrries.

Lunch..ham and tomato sandwich 6 syns Apple, clementine.

Dinner.. home made meat and potato pie ( no crust ) mushy peas
    Strawberries blueberries light squirty cream. 3 syns.

Extra f f yoghurt. Banana, clementine.
    9 syns.
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Jul 17, 6:19 PM
    • 16,206 Posts
    • 96,755 Thanks
    maman
    Good to hear you sounding positive wiz . I've been meaning to ask if MrWiz eats veg as it helps when everyone has the same meal.

I'm sure you deserved those bacon rolls bubbs , workers have to be fed!

I've had a good afternoon cooking and listening to the radio. The turkey rissoles are moreish so I've put them in the fridge to try and forget about them. If I make them again I'd add more spices. The aubergine and tomato meze is cooling, might need to taste that later. Swede and carrot is cooking now ready to make mash for tomorrow and a portion for the freezer.

Just taking a break with glass of wine before doing dinner but veg is all prepped so won't take too long.

Have a good evening all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

872Posts Today

6,587Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin