Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,572Posts
    • 7,446Thanks
    kathrynha
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Jul 17 at 8:37 AM
    Starting a new thread to help Shala out. Please all be kind to me, as I'm new to this. I will try my best.

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.

Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 12
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 9:19 PM
    • 50,534 Posts
    • 580,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yesterday... I was the best diet aid!!!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Dont want to lose like that though
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 7,446 Thanks
    kathrynha
    2 lb off for me this week. Happy with that after quite a stressful week.
    Also half way to my silver body magic
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jul 17, 9:35 PM
    • 15,033 Posts
    • 182,754 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Ohh snap! I was at Ladies' Day on Saturday too! Between 3 of us we got through 4 bottles of prosecco during the day then went into town after for more cocktails and jugs of sangria! Plus the indian style chicken, halloumi and chips plus the mexican burrito I had for dinner! Whoops! I am dreading weigh in tomorrow!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    It sounds like you had a fantastic time

Dont want to lose like that though
    Originally posted by bubbs
    No, neither did I... yuck!

It is the first time I have been too ill to work in 13 years...although I was answering my phone in bed!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 17, 9:35 PM
    • 50,534 Posts
    • 580,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 47,214 Posts
    • 169,668 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 11th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 12,237 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Saver Upper as long as you kept your history and didn't rejoin then you only need to get to top end of target range, ie target weight + 3lb.
    Originally posted by joedenise

That is great,thanks joedenise.Yes,I paid £14.95 to keep my history.Thank you.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast: 2 thick slices of wholemeal toast (will check syns)with margarine (1.5 syns) and Marmite

Snack: home-made lemon meringue pie,made by a friend/customer of mine who can't help herself-she is a feeder .Many syns.Delicious .

Tea: roast pork,apple sauce (1.5 syns),butternut squash,parsnip,green beans,potato,swede,brocolli,gravy (3-4 syns?)

SNack: 2 hifi bars(6 syns)

HEA:skimmed milk in cups of tea

About to work out syns for toast and hifi bars/work out which to HEB and which to syn.

......(EDIT:So,after a bit of fiddling around,I think 2 thick slices of Kingsmill wholemeal is a HEB + 5 syns.Does anyone know if this is correct?Where do you find out?Have been on lots of FB pages and SW site,where lots of references to medium-sliced,but not thick as HEB.Thank you)
    Last edited by Saver-upper; 11-07-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 12th Jul 17, 5:54 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 4,331 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome
    Kathrynha I would love to be added to the chart please. I'll aim to lose 6lbs - I'm away for a week from the middle of next week, so I'm trying to allow for that, although I will try to make wise choices whilst away.

So today the plan is
    Breakfast - weetabix, skimmed milk, pear
    Lunch - Small jacket potato with ham and lots of salad, fruit
    Dinner. - Home made spaghetti bolognese with extra veg in the sauce, mullerlite yoghurt

Syns - not sure yet.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 12th Jul 17, 7:08 AM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 7,446 Thanks
    kathrynha
    You're now on the chart Ellsbel.

Start of a new week for me. Going to be a super stressful one, but determined to try my best to stick to plan and do enough for another week towards my silver body magic.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - Egg salad
    Dinner - Burger and coleslaw
    Snacks - Strawberries, cherries, grapes, Aldi skips, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - burger (1), salad dressing (1), skips (4)

Body magic - aiming for 7000 steps and 15 active minutes
    • shiprob195
    • By shiprob195 12th Jul 17, 7:17 AM
    • 722 Posts
    • 1,096 Thanks
    shiprob195
    Ohh snap! I was at Ladies' Day on Saturday too! Between 3 of us we got through 4 bottles of prosecco during the day then went into town after for more cocktails and jugs of sangria! Plus the indian style chicken, halloumi and chips plus the mexican burrito I had for dinner! Whoops! I am dreading weigh in tomorrow!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    I had the fried chicken/haloomi too! It was delicious
    I'm off to Spain on Friday, so ready for this holiday. I'm going to try and be good
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    Weight loss so far 5 stone 5.5 lbs

Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER
    37 weeks in to my weightloss journey
    • WJN222
    • By WJN222 12th Jul 17, 10:01 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    WJN222
    morning all, well done to all the loosers!

menu plan for today:
    B: blackberrys and muller light
    L: speed filled salad
    D: SW iceland meal
    Snacks - celery sticks
    HEA Cheese HEB scan brab
    Syns - 5 for a couple of mid week G&T

Also heading to the gym - gosh this loosing weight is hard work!
    walk 2017 miles in 2017 - 415 of 2017
    SW journey - loose 28lbs - 14lb of 28
    Clear the stash July OUT : IN = 17:2
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    • 16,646 Posts
    • 99,389 Thanks
    maman
    on your loss kathrynha. I know you want to dash around to up your steps but do try not to get stressed. Take some time for yourself.

A thick slice of wholemeal is 5 syns so I think you've got it right saverupper. I just typed thick sliced bread into syns online and it worked.

That looks like a good menu ellsbel. I'm pleased you're making a dinner that the whole family can eat. Faffing about with separate meals is likely to put you off.
    I do hope you and shiprob enjoy your holidays. Wise choices is good but don't deprive yourselves. You can always catch up when you get home.

I'm out this evening and there'll be a small finger buffet. I've tried before having dinner at home and trying to ignore it but it's hard. I think tonight I'll compromise, have a snack at home then try to limit myself to a few low syn nibbles. I'm taking a plate of smoked salmon.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg,tomatoes, mushrooms, half HEB toast
    L: ham, LO veg and beetroot (minimal potato)
    D: soup, 2 LM sausages, apple
    Syns: buffet bits? tbc.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 12th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 7,446 Thanks
    kathrynha
    on your loss kathrynha. I know you want to dash around to up your steps but do try not to get stressed. Take some time for yourself.
    Originally posted by maman
    Time for myself???? What's that?

Seriously, I am trying to fit in some me time, and finding that when I purposefully do planned exercise (like swimming last weekend) that it helps to de-stress me and gives me time to think and sort stuff out in my mind.

Am thinking I might have to give up on the body magic for a while though
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 15,033 Posts
    • 182,754 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Time for myself???? What's that?

Seriously, I am trying to fit in some me time, and finding that when I purposefully do planned exercise (like swimming last weekend) that it helps to de-stress me and gives me time to think and sort stuff out in my mind.

Am thinking I might have to give up on the body magic for a while though
    You have inspired me to get off my bum..... just walked/run the dog 5 km.

The dog is exhausted.... and all I can say is that I am not cooking tea... in fact I do not think I am going to ever eat again if this is what it takes... then there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me it will get easier and keep it up...
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 15,033 Posts
    • 182,754 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    So my total free food diet has ended, and I have succumbed to a sprinkle of cheese... not enough to measure (I need some decent scales to weigh me and food!)

I had bought 500g of ASDA 30% Less Fat Mature Cheese which is 17 Syn's per 100g... I wonder how long 500g will last me.... hoping that this does the full 9 weeks

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 50,534 Posts
    • 580,980 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Glad im not a cheese fiend
    We had chicken and prawn stir fry tonight was delicious
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 12th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 2,752 Posts
    • 6,146 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Evening all & a belated thanks to Kathrynha for the chart.

I'm struggling this week - I could really succumb to temptation given half a chance which hasn't been helped by the fact I haven't been swimming this week.....though I did go tonight but for some reason the pool was shut.

I'm going away again this weekend ....it's our anniversary on Friday so I'm being taken up to N.Wales so plan on climbing Snowden on Saturday - does that count as body magic ??
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 50,534 Posts
    • 580,980 Thanks
    bubbs

I'm struggling this week - I could really succumb to temptation given half a chance which hasn't been helped by the fact I haven't been swimming this week.....though I did go tonight but for some reason the pool was shut.

I'm going away again this weekend ....it's our anniversary on Friday so I'm being taken up to N.Wales so plan on climbing Snowden on Saturday - does that count as body magic ??
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    I have been hungry today but my fault didnt take any breakfast, so had my ham salad for breakfast then a punnet of strawberries and an alpen light for lunch
    You are not in northants are you? as a pool here is closed
    I am sure climbing Snowden will count
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Jul 17, 10:23 PM
    • 15,033 Posts
    • 182,754 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    May be you need a blow out for your anniversary (you deserve it.... keeping married is not easy!)

• gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 12th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 2,752 Posts
    • 6,146 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    I have been hungry today but my fault didnt take any breakfast, so had my ham salad for breakfast then a punnet of strawberries and an alpen light for lunch
    You are not in northants are you? as a pool here is closed
    I am sure climbing Snowden will count
    Originally posted by bubbs
    No I'm in deepest darkest Wales lol.

Hubby did ask whether I wanted to go up by the train & walk down but I'm determined to walk up it !
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

• gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 12th Jul 17, 10:28 PM
    • 2,752 Posts
    • 6,146 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    May be you need a blow out for your anniversary (you deserve it.... keeping married is not easy!)

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Oh we've had our moments.....went through a stage of buying £1 plates as it was like a Greek wedding

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,272Posts Today

7,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin