Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sickandtiredofitall
    • By sickandtiredofitall 3rd Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sickandtiredofitall
    Premier parking logistics sold my parking ticket AFTER the landowner req them cancel
    • 3rd Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    Premier parking logistics sold my parking ticket AFTER the landowner req them cancel 3rd Jul 17 at 6:28 PM
    Long story short. I was a paying guest in hotel, there was a wedding on on the hotel this particular night, parking spaces were extremely scarce. I managed to squeeze into a space but was just slightly over the parking bay lines. Next day I had a parking ticket from premier parking logistics, I told reception they told me to call the parking company. Absolute horrific phone call, felt like i was talking to some HEAVYS who adamantly refused to listen to a word I said, I emailed hotel manager, who then sent an email to Premier Parking Logistics, requesting them to cancel the parking ticket. I thought this was the end of the matter, until I learnt they sold it to Mil Colections, I sent a form for the ccj application (whatever it is) and somehow I managed to lose the case. Now forgive me if I am completely wrong, but how can a private parking company sell on a parking ticket, that the landowner has requested to be cancelled via email (of which I have proof) ? Can anyone advise me what I should do, they have given me a CCJ over this and to be fair I can't work out how this has happened. Does the landowners authority mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the parking company ? was this ticket DEBT sold illegally ? Also what happens if I dont pay the CCJ ?
    Last edited by sickandtiredofitall; 03-07-2017 at 6:30 PM. Reason: ANOTHER QUESTION
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    • 15,499 Posts
    • 19,583 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    these companies can and DO do this

we may not agree with it, but its been happening for a few years and if they get an uncontested MCOL then a CCJ follows which if not paid within 28 days trashes your credit rating

Theresa May was told about this some 8 months ago and told some of her minions to look into it

check parking pranksters blogs for this , also check his blogs about MIL collections too

as its a CCJ on your record (assuming more than 28 days have passed), it will cost you £255 and a lot of time and effort to get a set aside (set asides have been increasing due to problems like yours)

and no the government hasnt done anything about it , yet , so complain to her and to the person looking into it

an unpaid CCJ can have court enforcement officers (bailiffs for want of a better word) enforce it due to having a court order

please edit your last post into easily readable paragraphs and please use paragraphs in any more posts , thank you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 3rd Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 7,289 Posts
    • 7,441 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:45 PM
    the mistake was ringing PPL , and giving away your info , becaiuse upto about nov last yr PPL were not in a ATA and could not legally get your info for a private parking charge
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 3rd Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 7,289 Posts
    • 7,441 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 3rd Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    summot not right here , a non ATA parking co (no different to you and me) , also a sole trader NOT A COMPANY, sells a invoice to MIL who are a B2B debt collection company , and they start CC action for an individual , probably without checking address info ???

I am afraid the owner/manager of the hotel would not still be in buisness after I had finished with them , they caused this by TELLING you to ring PPL
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 49,992 Posts
    • 63,391 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    Long story short. I was a paying guest in hotel, there was a wedding on on the hotel this particular night, parking spaces were extremely scarce. I managed to squeeze into a space but was just slightly over the parking bay lines. Next day I had a parking ticket from premier parking logistics, I told reception they told me to call the parking company.

Absolute horrific phone call, felt like i was talking to some HEAVYS who adamantly refused to listen to a word I said, I emailed hotel manager, who then sent an email to Premier Parking Logistics, requesting them to cancel the parking ticket. I thought this was the end of the matter, until I learnt they sold it to Mil Colections,

I sent a form for the ccj application (whatever it is) and somehow I managed to lose the case. Now forgive me if I am completely wrong, but how can a private parking company sell on a parking ticket, that the landowner has requested to be cancelled via email (of which I have proof) ?

Can anyone advise me what I should do, they have given me a CCJ over this and to be fair I can't work out how this has happened. Does the landowners authority mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the parking company ? was this ticket DEBT sold illegally ? Also what happens if I dont pay the CCJ ?
    Originally posted by sickandtiredofitall
    How did you 'lose the case' - a judgment in default? Did you send a defence and did you send the Directions Questionnaire the court sent you, and then the Witness Statement/evidence to your local court - and did you then turn up to a hearing?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• sickandtiredofitall
    • By sickandtiredofitall 4th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sickandtiredofitall
    • 4th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    Yes but I didn't go to the hearing if I remember rightly it was somewhere far and to be honest, I didn't even thinki t would go to court, I work away and sometimes miss post but yes I sent the evidence its just baffled me completely. Credit rating wise, I am not bothered, I never ever want credit again anyway, its got me into trouble in the past and caused huge amounts of stress.

Sorry about paragraphs etc, my writing isnt the best but I do try.
    • sickandtiredofitall
    • By sickandtiredofitall 4th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sickandtiredofitall
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    In hindsight it seems like a right royal bend over doesnt it
    • sickandtiredofitall
    • By sickandtiredofitall 4th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sickandtiredofitall
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    I think I am going to complain to the local MP about it. Seriously this has sickened me. I have had parking tickets in the past that I just paid because I knew I was in the wrong but I really wasn't with this
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 14,528 Posts
    • 22,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    Credit rating wise, I am not bothered, I never ever want credit again anyway, its got me into trouble in the past and caused huge amounts of stress.
    It can also screw up things like getting a (new) mobile phone contract.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sickandtiredofitall
    • By sickandtiredofitall 9th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sickandtiredofitall
    I have a pay as you go which is actually better for me because I can use what I pay for and to be honest its a really good deal with giffgaff
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 32,767 Posts
    • 16,776 Thanks
    Quentin
    If you haven't paid yet then do so I(unless you have no assets you can expect enforcement action to be taken, any of which will involve you in more cost eg. Bailiff/attachment of earnings
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 5,950 Posts
    • 7,658 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I have a pay as you go which is actually better for me because I can use what I pay for and to be honest its a really good deal with giffgaff
    Originally posted by sickandtiredofitall
    If bailiffs call, they are not interested in pay as you go ?

They want you to pay or seize goods and then they will go

You need to get this settled quickly, a CCJ Will have many knock on problems for you later
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,001Posts Today

8,577Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin