Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brandt
    • By Brandt 3rd Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Brandt
    Parking Eye Ticket - Driver Lives Abroad
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    Parking Eye Ticket - Driver Lives Abroad 3rd Jul 17 at 11:24 AM
    Greetings, I wonder if someone would be able to help me?
    I recently received a parking ticket from Parking Eye for parking in a Morrsions carpark (Stratford, London) for 20 minutes without a ticket. I am the registered keeper of the vehicle, however, I was not driving the vehicle at the time. The driver is ordinarily resident abroad.

I understand that it was raining on the day and the driver was feeling unwell at the wheel. Consequently, the driver pulled up at the carpark and sat in the vehicle for twenty minutes before driving off. At no time did the driver leave the vehicle.

I was wondering how to go about appealing the ticket? Should I name the driver who resides abroad, or simply appeal, without naming the driver, using the standard newbie appeal template already provided elsewhere on this forum? I have noticed from my research on this forum, that mitigating circumstances generally have a low 'win' rate and I wondered what chances one has ?

I thank you for your anticipated help in this matter and I look forward to any advice on appealing this ticket.

Thanks again.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 6,425 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    Why bother to appeal? Just send the PPC the driver's address. There is not a lot they can do if the driver does not want to pay.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 15,546 Posts
    • 24,258 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    Email complaint to the CEO of Morrisons. Do a forum search on 'donotreply' and use that email address (even though it says 'donotreply').

Every complaint sent as above results in a cancellation.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 3rd Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 3,495 Posts
    • 3,553 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    The driver parked. Not leaving the vehicle is irrelevant.

Your choices are two-fold ...

1) Follow the NEWBIES guide and get this killed off via POPLA (ultimately); OR

2) Respond to PE to give the name and address (overseas) of the driver, and make it clear to PE that you've now discharged any keeper liability by notifying them of the driver.

AND - complain to Morrisons as above.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 17, 12:37 AM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jul 17, 12:37 AM
    • 4th Jul 17, 12:37 AM
    Greetings, I wonder if someone would be able to help me?
    I recently received a parking ticket from Parking Eye for parking in a Morrsions carpark (Stratford, London) for 20 minutes.
    Originally posted by Brandt
    These are so easy and are cancelled by Morrisons every day, even with no receipt. All you needed to do was search the parking forum for 'Morrisons' and you'd be halfway to a cancellation already.

I have noticed from my research on this forum, that mitigating circumstances generally have a low 'win' rate
    Hence why that's not how we appeal.

See the NEWBIES thread and if you want to name the driver abroad, do so but warn them they might get a stupid badly-translated 'PCN' to laugh at soon. PE send them to various countries, all a pile of steaming crap.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Brandt
    • By Brandt 4th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:38 AM
    The Deep, thank you for your time and advise.
    I will provide the driver's overseas details to Parking Eye and also email the CEO of Morrison with the aim of canceling the ticket. I promise to report back on the outcome.

Kind regards.
    • Brandt
    • By Brandt 4th Jul 17, 7:43 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:43 AM
    Thank you
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:43 AM
    UmKomaas, thank you for your advice. I was able to find the CEO's email address and I aim to draft and send a message today. I promise to touch base again as soon as I get a response.

I am very grateful.

With kind regards.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jul 17, 7:58 AM
    • 15,546 Posts
    • 24,258 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:58 AM
    • 4th Jul 17, 7:58 AM
    The Deep, thank you for your time and advise.
    I will provide the driver's overseas details to Parking Eye and also email the CEO of Morrison with the aim of canceling the ticket. I promise to report back on the outcome.

Kind regards.
    If there's still time before your initial appeal deadline to PE is up, do the Morrisons complaint first.

Ms will be cancelling the charge for you (the keeper), not the driver, if you send the complaint. But if you simultaneously notify PE of the driver's details, they will straight away try to pursue the driver (albeit with little prospect of success) who will be hassled with letters etc, and in their (PE) eyes, the charge still stands (but now against the driver).

So see how Ms respond, then reassess if necessary. If it's cancelled, that's it, no need to contact PE any further.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Brandt
    • By Brandt 4th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    • 4th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    Thank you...
    • 4th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    DoaM, I am grateful for your time and suggestions. Following your advice ( and others on this thread), I will proceed with option 2. I will also make a complaint to Morrisons. Hopefully, I would be able to get this ticket rescinded.

I promise to report back as things unfold.

With regards.
    Last edited by Brandt; 04-07-2017 at 9:26 AM.
    • Brandt
    • By Brandt 4th Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    These are so easy and are cancelled by Morrisons every day, even with no receipt. All you needed to do was search the parking forum for 'Morrisons' and you'd be halfway to a cancellation already.

Hence why that's not how we appeal.

See the NEWBIES thread and if you want to name the driver abroad, do so but warn them they might get a stupid badly-translated 'PCN' to laugh at soon. PE send them to various countries, all a pile of steaming crap.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Hallo Coupon-Mad, thanks a bunch for your counsel. I will now furnish Parking Eye with the details of the driver, as well as email the CEO at Morrisons. I will aslo forewarn the driver to expect a " pile of steaming crap" ( what a classic )

I will relate again as things unfold.

Thank you once again.

With regards.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 15,546 Posts
    • 24,258 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I will now furnish Parking Eye with the details of the driver, as well as email the CEO at Morrisons. I will aslo forewarn the driver to expect a " pile of steaming crap" ( what a classic )
    No need if you follow my advice and complain to Ms and get the cancellation in your hand, then there's no need to make any contact with PE, and the driver is then completely out of the loop.

The only caveat is if you hear nothing (or a negative response) from Morrisons and your deadline for your appeal to PE is looming, that's the time to consider identifying the driver.

• Brandt
    • By Brandt 5th Jul 17, 6:27 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    No need if you follow my advice and complain to Ms and get the cancellation in your hand, then there's no need to make any contact with PE, and the driver is then completely out of the loop.

The only caveat is if you hear nothing (or a negative response) from Morrisons and your deadline for your appeal to PE is looming, that's the time to consider identifying the driver.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Thank you once again.
    I sent the email to Morrisons yesterday and according to the auto-repsonse email I received, I should expect a reply on the 7th. The deadline for apealing to PE is the 8th. so I do have a little window there. I will relate back soon.
    • Brandt
    • By Brandt 7th Jul 17, 10:10 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Brandt
    It's been cancelled !
    Greetings, Coupon-mad, UmKomaas, The Deep and, DoaM,

I just received an email from Morrisons that ParkingEye has been instructed to cancel the PCN. Once again, I thank you all for your invaluable help in this matter.

May good things come your way !

Have a great weekend, good people !

With kind regards.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Jul 17, 10:13 AM
    • 6,348 Posts
    • 8,155 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Greetings, Coupon-mad, UmKomaas, The Deep and, DoaM,

I just received an email from Morrisons that ParkingEye has been instructed to cancel the PCN. Once again, I thank you all for your invaluable help in this matter.

May good things come your way !

Have a great weekend, good people !

With kind regards.
    Make sure you get the confirmation from Parking Eye
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 17, 10:46 AM
    • 15,546 Posts
    • 24,258 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Super result. The complaint to Morrisons works every time. I think they hate what PE are doing to their customer base so much that even fly-parkers (non customers) have cancellations provided.

It's a strong possibility that Ms are locked into a long-term contract with PE which has punitive cancellation clauses. I can't see this being renewed somehow, if every complaint, no matter how weak, currently results in a cancellation

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,399Posts Today

7,009Users online

Martin's Twitter