Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dayryan1234
    • By Dayryan1234 2nd Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Dayryan1234
    Ppi on store card
    • 2nd Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    Ppi on store card 2nd Jul 17 at 8:42 PM
    Hi

I had read that if you had a store card Santander are the main bank that deal with these complaints so decided to try their new online complaint form:

info.yoursantander.co.uk/ppicomplaintform

All I had to do was say what stores I had the cards with and fill a few details in and they did all the work for me.

Really recommend using this if you are unsure as to what cards had ppi on as it saves you losing such a large amount of your money due back if complaining through a company as it only takes a few minutes to fill in

I had accounts with currys, Debenhams, Dorthy Perkins and kwik fit and got a letter in the post a few weeks later saying how much I was owed.

Hope this helps
Page 1
    • Lozwhalley
    • By Lozwhalley 3rd Jul 17, 1:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Lozwhalley
    • 3rd Jul 17, 1:20 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 1:20 PM
    Just had a pseudo rejection from Santander regarding debenhams card ppi complaint they have asked for more info and proof of employment covered sick pay and proof of savings (I don't have proof it was my first job so don't have the contract anymore - 17 yrs ago) and my £6000 savings were cash. They have completely disregarded my primary reason for complaint that I was told I had to have it by an obviously commission hungry sales assistant at the till point and wouldn't let me progress with the application without ppi as I was 18??? No questions were asked regarding my circumstances/eligibility/cool off etc as is was a none issue - I apparently HAD to have it. Bit confused how that wasn't mis selling. Any advice guys? Loz
    • Dayryan1234
    • By Dayryan1234 3rd Jul 17, 8:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Dayryan1234
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:10 PM
    Did you fill in a questionnaire?
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    It's up to you to provide proof or balance of probability tht you were missold.
    Saying you were told to have it is pretty much the weakest complaint becauseyou can't prove it at all
    • Dayryan1234
    • By Dayryan1234 3rd Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Dayryan1234
    • 3rd Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 10:08 PM
    My complaint was more or less the same as the above and I got my money back. I've told a few friends and family to complain the same way as I did through their website. I'll keep you updated with how they get on
    • Lozwhalley
    • By Lozwhalley 6th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Lozwhalley
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:10 PM
    I know unfortunately, I realise that but according to this site's own advice It only has to be likely and it's still listed first on the was I mis-sold checklist? It's just frustrating when it's the absolute truth 😕
    • Lozwhalley
    • By Lozwhalley 6th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Lozwhalley
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    Yeah, a rather lengthy one as I remember and I stated everything (bearing in mind it was my 18th birthday so I remember the whole thing.... Although now im 34 so they probably don't believe that! 😬 )
    • Lozwhalley
    • By Lozwhalley 6th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Lozwhalley
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    Cheers mate, just got word of a cheque coming from capital one despite using the exact same argument despite the account being opened online and not being able to remember the conversation? Claimed a week or so after the Santander one and word of this cheque came through this morning after around two and a half weeks? Strange.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 6th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    Not really, Captial One is a credit card and not a catalogue or storecard.
    Every company works differently, some will auto pay, some won't , some wre regulated, some weren't.
    • Dayryan1234
    • By Dayryan1234 9th Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Dayryan1234
    Update: my mother complained about mother care, currys and Debenhams cards just over a week a go and got a letter in the post on Friday saying she is due just over £800 back and that it will be paid into her account within 2 weeks!!!
    • Sue Mee
    • By Sue Mee 27th Jul 17, 11:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sue Mee
    SueM
    I have been very successful in claiming back PPI from store cards and loans etc I held in the 80's. However, my Top Shop Card is the last one to claim on and is now under the umbrella of Santander. They have refused any refund of ppi based on the fact that their sales advisers carried out 'Non Advised Sales'. I pointed out that I remember the shop assistant informing me that it was best I took it out as I was not a house owner. In addition, they state that the insurance was taken out several days after I took out the store card by telephone. I know that this did not happen. Several letters to and fro with Santander and I am getting nowhere. I have explained by the very fact that the shop assistant made the comment it had become an advised sale. Anyone else having the same problem and any advise please. Many thanks
    • societys child
    • By societys child 27th Jul 17, 1:33 PM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 5,253 Thanks
    societys child
    I have explained by the very fact that the shop assistant made the comment it had become an advised sale
    No, you don't understand what "advised sale" means. A shop assistant is in no way, and not employed as, an advisor.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 27th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 18,739 Posts
    • 9,989 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I have explained by the very fact that the shop assistant made the comment it had become an advised sale.
    Originally posted by Sue Mee
    No, an "advised sale" is one in which a qualified adviser taking note of your wants and needs recommends particular financial goods and services.

A shop assistant selling you a store card is in no way an "advised sale" regardless of how pushy they may have been.

Do also realise that your complaint is weak "hearsay". You cannot prove this shop assistant told you anything at all and the Bank will certainly have no record of such a conversation. Unfortunately for you, the Bank's archives easily trump your recollection-especially as the alleged event took place nearly thirty years ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

857Posts Today

6,602Users online

Martin's Twitter