Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crsaun
    • By Crsaun 2nd Jul 17, 7:53 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Crsaun
    Management Company Not Providing Fire Risk Assessment
    • 2nd Jul 17, 7:53 PM
    Management Company Not Providing Fire Risk Assessment 2nd Jul 17 at 7:53 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a flat in a 2009 build tower. My solicitor has requested the fire risk assessment, which I understand is a normal procedure. However, the management company are refusing to provide it, saying it is confidential.

Are the management company obligated to provide the fire risk assessment? After searching the internet for hours I'm struggling to find anything that says the FRA must be provided to the buyers solicitor

Should I be worried by the fact that they are not providing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Callum
Page 2
    • Crsaun
    • By Crsaun 15th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Crsaun
    I know the management company has a FRA because I spoke to the London Fire Brigade and they said they performed a fire audit on this building within the last 12 months (which included the FRA) and no issues were found. This is why this situation is so crazy: the MC has an FRA and won't give it to me or the landlord.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,766Posts Today

9,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin