Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geordiepaul2001
    • By geordiepaul2001 2nd Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 294Posts
    • 207Thanks
    geordiepaul2001
    Any origin broadband customers
    • 2nd Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    Any origin broadband customers 2nd Jul 17 at 9:51 AM
    Hi all,

I've just went to switch to the Origin Broadband deal but I've been faced with three options when it comes to which router I want.
    I was going with Origin for the price of paying up front and don't want to have to pay £90 - £125 for a router if I don't need to.

The kids use the wifi for youtube on their mobiles, internet on the desktop computer. We use it mainly for downloading tv via sky and catchup services.

Is the free router going to be capable of this or do I need to look elsewhere?

Paul
    June 2016 - Pair of Brooks Glycerin 14's
    July 2016 - Annual family pass to English Heritage
    August 2016 - overnight spa break with dinner and breakfast for two
    September - BBQ toolbox
Page 1
    • nojnojnoj
    • By nojnojnoj 7th Jul 17, 2:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nojnojnoj
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:33 AM
    Be wary
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:33 AM
    Hi

May I suggest you use extreme caution before signing with Origin broadband. If you use the search term Origin broadband complaints in google and click on the trust pilot reviews, you will get an idea of the current problems people are facing. Unfortunately I failed to read these first and I am now committed to 12 months and have had no end of problems and still waiting for an acknowledgement to my complaint from 3 weeks ago.

In terms of your question, the standard router supplied is an Asus, however the model is prone to drop outs as reviews of the model again on google will show (sorry at work and dont have the model number) and I regularly lose internet connection, so far about a dozen times in the 6 weeks of service. Wireless is fine albeit not as good as any other standard router I have had with other suppliers.

Good luck if you do choose to use this provider!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin