Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sciencegirl
    • By Sciencegirl 2nd Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sciencegirl
    Aurigny cancelled/delayed flight
    • 2nd Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    Aurigny cancelled/delayed flight 2nd Jul 17 at 9:45 AM
    I am not sure whether my claim falls under cancelled or delayed flights:

I was suppose to fly from leeds Bradford Airport on the 21st June at 13:15. At 11:34 I received the text message right before I was to leave for the airport "AURIGNY GR665 21JUN LBA GCI

REGRET FLIGHT CANCELLED PAX WILL BE COACHED TO MANCHESTER WITH REFRESHMENT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE"

It was so vague with no contact numbers, so I called Aurigny in Guernsey (the only number available on their website) to ask them what was going on. I had to ring the airline twice in Guernsey (which I would also like money back for) because they had conflicting information as what I had to do.

After finally getting to and checking in at Manchester Airport over 7 hours later (I sorted out making my own way there rather than coach as I have IBS and wasn't feeling too great), my plane took off late also. It was only by 20 minutes or so, but could have made a difference in the next leg of the journey.

When we arrived over Guernsey, the pilot announced that the fog (which they were aware was going to be over Guernsey more so with increasing time) was too thick to land in. He then decided to circle over Guernsey for just over an hour looking for a gap to land in. This didn't happen and we were rerouted to Exeter. We landed around 10:30pm but they couldn't find us hotels for another 4 hours. They had to drive me to Torquay before I could get to bed at 3:30am. By this point, with all the stress and anxiety of the airline not knowing what was going on, my IBS had gone crazy, and I was incredible unwell.

They didn't know when they would pick us up to take us back to the airport the next day, so I also didn't to get much sleep as I didn't want to miss the taxi back. Several other passengers who were also delayed were told 3 different departure times. I called Aurigny and they confirmed a time they were confident with and apologised for the mix up previously (another expensive phonecall).

I arrived in Guensey a whole day late (significant been as I was returning back to Leeds 4 days later). My IBS was so unmanageable by this point, I was unwell the entire time I was there and ran out of prescription tablets.

The whole journey was horrendous and ruined my entire trip.

To claim compensation, I don't know if it is classed as cancelled or delayed. I know I may not get anything for the fog but they delayed my first flight to over 3 hours and put me on a flight where they knew the weather had changed to a condition which they couldn't land in. My sister was waiting for me at Guensey airport and said that when I was suppose to land it was a beautiful sunny day. Then was I was due to land the second time, it was foggy but not too bad but because they also set off from Manchester late, they fog quickly turned incredibly thick.

Any tips on how to precede this? What to concentrate on during my claim?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 2nd Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 2nd Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    I am not sure whether my claim falls under cancelled or delayed flights:

I was suppose to fly from leeds Bradford Airport on the 21st June at 13:15. At 11:34 I received the text message right before I was to leave for the airport "AURIGNY GR665 21JUN LBA GCI

REGRET FLIGHT CANCELLED PAX WILL BE COACHED TO MANCHESTER WITH REFRESHMENT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE"

Any tips on how to precede this? What to concentrate on during my claim?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Sciencegirl
    Hi Sciencegirl,

Firstly you should claim EC261 compensation from the airline for your cancelled flight and see how that goes.

You cannot claim anything extra due to their inability to arrange things better unfortunately, or for your travel cost to MAN that you chose to arrange yourself, all be it for medical reasons.

Presumably they paid for all costs when diverted to Exeter.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Sciencegirl
    • By Sciencegirl 7th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sciencegirl
    • 7th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    • 7th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    Thank you very much - I'll do this then. I just didn't know how much I should/shouldn't include about the whole ordeal.

Thanks very much!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

8,438Users online

Martin's Twitter