Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PM49
    • By PM49 2nd Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 7Thanks
    PM49
    Panasonic Lumx broken screen help
    • 2nd Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    Panasonic Lumx broken screen help 2nd Jul 17 at 7:10 AM
    Morning
    Not sure if anyone on here might be able to assist . I unfortunately managed to drop my lovely little Panasonic friend on holiday . It might be insured, about to try to claim, but of course will be inevitable excess
    The value is about 250 I think it's about 6 yrs old - excellent it is too.
    Having googled a bit I think it's probably just the back screen.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on if it's worthwhile and how to find a trusted repairer . Last time I had a camera problem with was a Sony camera and the quote from Sony was ridiculous so I binned and bought this.
    I know it won't be a diy job
    Thanks for your help . I m pretty gutted
Page 1
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 2nd Jul 17, 9:47 AM
    • 8,841 Posts
    • 4,419 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 2nd Jul 17, 9:47 AM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 9:47 AM
    Not DIY?

There are screens for several Panasonic Lumix models on eBay (most from China which means 2-4 weeks delivery but they are cheap) and Youtube will probably show the steps to replace it.

If it's 6 years old though you may be tempted by an updated model anyway. Depends on your wallet.
    • Yorkshire Traveller
    • By Yorkshire Traveller 2nd Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Yorkshire Traveller
    • 2nd Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    • 2nd Jul 17, 10:53 PM
    We broke the screen on our Lumix last year (slammed the glove compartment in the car!).

We got a replacement screen off ebay and followed a diy replacement video on YouTube.

All fixed and sorted in less than an hour.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 9th Jul 17, 9:17 AM
    • 7,005 Posts
    • 3,227 Thanks
    buglawton
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:17 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:17 AM
    A backstreet or market stall phone repair guy might take it on, they'd probably charge parts + £20 labour.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,347Users online

Martin's Twitter