Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jul 17, 10:15 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Excel lose again at Oldham County Court
    Excel lose again at Oldham County Court

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/they-need-stopped-driver-hits-13316843

And Excel say again ......

“We are currently considering our position in relation to the judge’s decision and will refrain from any further comment at this stage while the matter is ongoing.”

It's now a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIEXcinTcM
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-07-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,185 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The biggest shame is they lose so often, when well defended, but not enough people know that or have the balls to stand their ground and not panic & pay.

This is a form of extortion and we need to get stronger about it.

I will be changing the NEWBIES thread a little, to encourage thousands of complaints to:

- the person's MP

- Trading Standards

- the landowner and retailers

I will be suggesting we tell people to do the above:

EVERY TIME THAT WE TELL A PERSON TO DO ANYTHING, FROM APPEAL, TO FIELDING DEBT COLLECTOR LETTERS STAGE, TO REPLYING TO CRAPPY LBCCCS, TO FILING A DEFENCE.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Where are these bad boys ???

BWL, you do bring a smile to many

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Jul 17, 9:47 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    just reminding people

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 29th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 11,448 Posts
    • 15,032 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    You surely cannot mean Gladstones can you
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I couldn't possibly confirm or deny who/where I mean
    Last edited by MothballsWallet; 20-10-2017 at 7:20 PM.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
    • Oldhamlee
    • By Oldhamlee 3rd Aug 17, 9:32 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oldhamlee
    Bw legal
    Hi ...hope you dont mind me coming in here ...but yesterday i recieved a letter from bw legal stating that county court enforcement will commence from my local court for the sum of £270 . Last sept 16th 2016 they went to county court for a ccj against me which until yesterday i never knew anything about until the letter and i checked my credit file which now shows it . Excel parking sent me a pcn from jan 2014 which shows my car reg in one pic and the 2nd is just a black pic...they are saying i didnt pay for a ticket and issued me with £60 fine ...can they prove that the reg plate isnt cloned or that it was me in car ? I can say that i did go on peel centre stockport but that was only to pick someone up then 2 hrs later drop them off at their car to which they didnt get a ticket or pcn . Bw legal have stated that if i pay by 25 aug then i can pay a discount to £150 . Can anbody please enlighten me on this in what to do ? They issued the ccj also to my old address that i havnt been at for over 3 yrs due to me selling it ....im at a loss . Thanks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Aug 17, 9:37 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi ...hope you dont mind me coming in here ...but yesterday i recieved a letter from bw legal stating that county court enforcement will commence from my local court for the sum of £270 . Last sept 16th 2016 they went to county court for a ccj against me which until yesterday i never knew anything about until the letter and i checked my credit file which now shows it . Excel parking sent me a pcn from jan 2014 which shows my car reg in one pic and the 2nd is just a black pic...they are saying i didnt pay for a ticket and issued me with £60 fine ...can they prove that the reg plate isnt cloned or that it was me in car ? I can say that i did go on peel centre stockport but that was only to pick someone up then 2 hrs later drop them off at their car to which they didnt get a ticket or pcn . Bw legal have stated that if i pay by 25 aug then i can pay a discount to £150 . Can anbody please enlighten me on this in what to do ? They issued the ccj also to my old address that i havnt been at for over 3 yrs due to me selling it ....im at a loss . Thanks
    Originally posted by Oldhamlee
    This thread as the title says is all about BWLegal losses in court.
    "BWLegal - the list of failures growing"
    You cannot claim that yet so ...

1: Read the NEWBIES thread
    2: Start your own thread and then we can help you
    Last edited by beamerguy; 03-08-2017 at 10:01 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Aug 17, 2:21 AM
    • 874 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Especially as you have an active thread on pepipoo awaiting more info from you....
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 4th Aug 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 2,342 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Another one for the list. BWL tripped up by their own WS.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=114353&st=20&gopid=1306170&#en try1306170
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Aug 17, 7:05 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 20,730 Thanks
    Redx
    yep, its been that way for several years on that site and the first time I came here was for my lad who was caught on the same site , for a similar time period in summer 2013

we won that at POPLA at that time and it was one of our appeal points that the first hour is free on their contract , despite what the signs say (which say a ticket must be obtained after 30 minutes)

makes me laugh to think that their contract and signage still conflict in this way , I did send the contract to prankster and he unredacted it for me at the time

seems that excel still seem to think they can issue claims for that site for problems that are under 60 minutes , that they have not amended the signage , nor the contract with gala bingo

nobody in my family has parked there since , so their loss but a shame for the businesses on that small site as they lose trade because of it

and when I think of the money my family have saved due to me getting involved in this topic, plus the advice I have given out on here must have cost these companies thousands in lost pcn revenue , they should be sorry they tried to rip off my family back then (PE also tried and failed too)
    Last edited by Redx; 04-08-2017 at 7:12 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Aug 17, 7:13 PM
    • 15,566 Posts
    • 24,306 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If Excel know they don't have the authority to issue charges for no tickets in the first hour of parking, then this is a wanton abuse of the courts, as well as the rights of the individual under DPA. This must tee them up nicely for a DPA breach claim.

All that's needed is a stroppy !!!! to take them on. But most people have had enough by the time it comes to their day in court and are more than happy to walk away with having theirbparking charge overturned.

Still, they have 6 years, and if there is a slow slide towards an avalanche of successful DPA breach cases, they might weigh in later.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Aug 17, 8:02 PM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 6,426 Thanks
    The Deep
    ... and are more than happy to walk away with having theirbparking charge overturned

Very true, I recently attended a PATAS hearing. The Parking Weasel had made a mistake when writing the ticket, and the Adjudicator allowed my appeal without me saying a word.

I was so pleased (and occupied giving the Council solicitor a hard time), that I forgot to ask for costs.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 18th Aug 17, 3:27 PM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 2,342 Thanks
    Lamilad
    A trouncing for Excel/ BW Legal and another hospital pass for Mr Pickup.

Considering the amount of cases they discontinue. I'm actually amazed they went ahead with this one.

Defendant didn't even speak a word.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112635&st=180&start=180
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Aug 17, 6:57 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I guess as BWLegal started all this rubbish, the courts
    may finish it

Assume that just like courts are fed with Gladstones, they
    are just as fed up with BWLegal

Let's face it, whatever BWLegal do now is just a repeat and we can expect a lot more incompetence to follow

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 23rd Aug 17, 8:49 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    BWLegal / Excel judge not impressed = THEY LOST
    BWLegal / Excel judge not impressed = THEY LOST

The judge dismissed the case and said that common sense should prevail and that he was sick and tired of presiding over parking cases.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/excel-parking-services-v-drain-trace-ltd.html

PRANKSTERS NOTE
    Disreputable firms like BW Legal often use underhand bullying tactics. Their letters are written to deceive the victim into thinking a CCJ is inevitable once the court process commences, and that this will inevitably damage the recipients credit.
    Last edited by beamerguy; 23-08-2017 at 9:03 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 24th Aug 17, 7:24 PM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 2,342 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Guess who's come a cropper in court again..... If you're not sure, here's a clue:

_W L_GA_

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112462&st=80&gopid=1310996&#en try1310996
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 24th Aug 17, 8:37 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Guess who's come a cropper in court again..... If you're not sure, here's a clue:

_W L_GA_

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112462&st=80&gopid=1310996&#en try1310996
    Originally posted by Lamilad
    Must be music to your ears Lami

We all love it. Shame the Two Ronnies are not around, it would
    make a great sketch. Picture Ronnie Barker as the judge

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Aug 17, 8:23 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    come on BWLegal we need some fun

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 26th Sep 17, 10:54 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Yet another BWLegal/ Excel failure

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5618644&page=2 POST #31

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Oct 17, 11:33 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It is possible that BWLegal / Excel / VCS are dredging up
    old tickets again

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

6,995Users online

Martin's Twitter