Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 30th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 15,364Posts
    • 8,762Thanks
    motorguy
    Best 5.7+ inch phone with Band 20 at a reasonable price?
    • 30th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    Best 5.7+ inch phone with Band 20 at a reasonable price? 30th Jun 17 at 8:58 PM
    Running a Galaxy Note 4. Love it but getting itchy fingers to change it.

Want something at least as big. I've looked at a Galaxy S8+ but its not doing it for me?

Anyone any suggestions - not adverse to a good chinese import but it must have Band 20 as i'm o2...
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Page 2
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 5th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 5,556 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    I'll update when its arrived and with progress.
    Originally posted by motorguy
    interested to see how it compares with the note as still undecided as to what to replace my note3 with
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 5th Jul 17, 9:58 AM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 8,762 Thanks
    motorguy
    That is so funny, the number of times I have asked myself the same thing about being brave or stupid.

I could just never bring myself to spend so much on Chinese item direct, Chinese have less than zero reputation in my book, in fact their deliberate fraud on batteries, USB and other items makes them completely untrustworthy.
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    Yes, it could all go from Hero to Zero very quickly....

Its on its way apparently. Or so their (scam!!) website tells me.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 15th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 8,762 Thanks
    motorguy
    Well it arrived and it is stunning!

Very well pleased with it, came in about 10 working days. In a big bubble bag.

Box and packaging is up there with Apple and Samsung. Fired it up no issues at all and its running great.

Just RE: some of the size comments its only fractionally bigger than my Note 4 which only has a 5.7 inch screen.

Build quality is amazing, ceramic back, all very slick. Comes with a little leather style case in the pack.

First impressions are very good. I'm going to run the two phones for a couple of weeks (the Mi Mix with the BT Mobile sim) and i'll decide from there but no reason at all to think i'll do anything other than keep it.

Such an amazing phone for the price!
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 15th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 5,556 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    tempted but thinking about waiting for the note7 to be re-released. big question is will it be <£500

i take it 4g ok with bt. can you confirm google play, nfc and removable battery?
    Last edited by dipsomaniac; 15-07-2017 at 6:02 PM.
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • Happy_Shrimper2
    • By Happy_Shrimper2 15th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Happy_Shrimper2
    Maybe slightly brave in that if you drop it or break the screen, it maybe impossible to get it repaired.
    As for banggood and Xiaomi, I don't think they are a risk. Xiaomi are a very reputable manufacturer and their build quality is first rate. Used banggood a few time with no issue.
    Did you get hit with import duty? I never have from bangood.
    Following thread with interest as the Mi Mix is the only phone slightly tempting me to let go of my Nexus 6.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 15th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 8,762 Thanks
    motorguy
    Maybe slightly brave in that if you drop it or break the screen, it maybe impossible to get it repaired.
    As for banggood and Xiaomi, I don't think they are a risk. Xiaomi are a very reputable manufacturer and their build quality is first rate. Used banggood a few time with no issue.
    Did you get hit with import duty? I never have from bangood.
    Following thread with interest as the Mi Mix is the only phone slightly tempting me to let go of my Nexus 6.
    Originally posted by Happy_Shrimper2
    Theres sellers on ebay selling both the touch screen and the outer plastic. Both would have to come from Asia but not undoable.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 15th Jul 17, 7:45 PM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 8,762 Thanks
    motorguy
    It definitely makes you realises how much Apple and Samsung are stiffing people when you see the quality and spec that can be put out by a manufacturer.

Both Apple and Samsung would be / are asking at least twice this price for anything comparable. Granted its not 100% as slick but its a good 95%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,323Posts Today

7,296Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin