Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fresa
    • By fresa 30th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 1Thanks
    fresa
    Precise Mortgage ,15% now they want 20%
    • 30th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    Precise Mortgage ,15% now they want 20% 30th Jun 17 at 4:31 PM
    Please I need help and advice I fell like I want to pass out....we did get a phone
    call from our broker saying that Precise want now 20% of deposit, we just have 15% ....
    Does anyone have the same experience? I want to die fell totally lost please help
    Last edited by fresa; 30-06-2017 at 5:33 PM.
Page 2
    • fresa
    • By fresa 1st Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fresa
    Monday they are getting more extra papers, that they request from us, I am not having any hopes up, I need to know how long we need to wait to re apply for a mortgage, and where we could ask and behind accept it with bad credit ( 2 defaults after 2 years unsettle ) hard searches from this people, should be better to wait? I truly appreciate any time of advice..
    • obay
    • By obay 1st Jul 17, 11:37 PM
    • 415 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    obay
    Settle your defaults and then apply?

This should be the reason why they asked for 5% more no ? They are worried that you'd not pay for the mortgage. So they require you to put more risk down.
    1/12/16 - £152,599.00
    11/11/17 - £145,990.00
    Two Credit agreements to pay off - £13653! (inc interest).
    Sofa (DFS) (0%)£923/£923 - Paid off 7th November!
    Barclays Boiler (18.9%!)£400/£3021.36
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 2nd Jul 17, 7:43 AM
    • 3,958 Posts
    • 2,466 Thanks
    csgohan4
    OP you made the mistake of getting a conveyor belt Mortgage Broker L+C, they do not do adverse credit well and you will be in the bottom pile. They like volume and easy cases to make money, hence why they are free.

The second mistake are your defaults and not settling them, you will be seen as high risk to lenders understandably.

Did L+C ask for all 3 credit files for you, if not that is poor form from them again.
    Last edited by csgohan4; 02-07-2017 at 8:35 AM.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 2nd Jul 17, 8:23 AM
    • 30,219 Posts
    • 18,072 Thanks
    getmore4less
    TRy posting the details of your proposal

people can then estimate if it is
    a. no hope you just can't afford it should never have bothered
    a. affordable just but basket case credit, no hope, here is what you need to do to fix it
    c. affordable very bad credit but a good broker should be able to find something.
    d. affordable bad credit 1/2 decent broker should be able to find something
    e. Tried that and no going well

more info needed,

salaries, house price your buying, negative credit history e.t.c???

Was there a negative housing survey?
    Originally posted by csgohan4

I would add any other debts, what defaults are there, how fast are you paying of the debts or increasing the deposit.

and most important how much do you think you can afford each months without getting into trouble.
    • fresa
    • By fresa 9th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fresa
    Well this broker call us saying that they want this 20% then the following day we behind ask to send more papers and my payslips...am not in the mortgage application....dont understand nothing I fell soooooooo confuse why are they coming now asking for this? we told them that we just have 15% ...it means they will help us ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,751Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter