Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • atjmm
    • By atjmm 30th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    atjmm
    exchanging Euros to GBP in Europe
    • 30th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    exchanging Euros to GBP in Europe 30th Jun 17 at 4:15 PM
    I have 800 Euros in cash (per diems from when working in Europe), which I want to change to GBP. Obviously, the buy back rate in the UK is pretty rubbish compared to the exchange rate so I don't want to lose a chunk of it this way.

I will be working in Europe again soon, and will not need this as cash as spending money (as I will get more per diems). Can anyone tell me if I would get a better exchange rate if I wait until I am back in Europe and then exchange my Euros into GBP then, rather than doing it in the UK.

Thanks
Page 1
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 30th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,129 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 30th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 30th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    Wrong forum.

This one is for discussing the now defunct business called Crown Currency Exchange which robbed a lot of people of a lot of money several years ago.
    • atjmm
    • By atjmm 30th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    atjmm
    • 30th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 30th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    Ah , ok, any idea how I get it moved? Thanks
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 3rd Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,129 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 3rd Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 5:39 PM
    Near the bottom of this sub-forum's index page is a list of Board Guides. Send a message to one of them asking them to move it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,921Users online

Martin's Twitter