Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mjp89
    • By mjp89 30th Jun 17, 11:59 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 13Thanks
    mjp89
    Tesco Highview Parking fine
    • 30th Jun 17, 11:59 AM
    Tesco Highview Parking fine 30th Jun 17 at 11:59 AM
    Hi all,

I've recently been up in Scotland renovating my gran's house for around 6 weeks. Just got home to a number of 'Invoices' from Highview Parking for overstaying in the Tesco car park. I had no internet in the house so was going for long lunch in the Tesco caf! every now and again to use the WiFi. So the fines are for parking there whilst I was actually spending money with them!

I've been in touch with Tesco customer services who say they've reviewed the fines and because there are signs in the car park they won't be cancelling them on this occasion (which I was really disappointed by). I'm now looking for advice on next steps. I have 2 fines, one is from late May, plus a number of reminders which I obviously haven't seen as I was away from home.

Grateful for any advice on what to do next.

Many thanks
    Mike
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 14,634 Posts
    • 23,020 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Anyone have any thoughts on the text? I'd love to get this over to them ASAP!

Many thanks
    Originally posted by mjp89
    I request insist the prompt cancellation of this PCN as I will not be paying and you have no case to continue with requests for payment from the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Should you, or your agents continue to do so, I will immediately refer this case to Mr Dunford of the DVLA.
    Just a couple of suggested edits. You never 'request' anything from a scammer.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mjp89
    • By mjp89 5th Jul 17, 1:53 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mjp89
    Thank you! It's been sent. Will keep you posted!
    • mjp89
    • By mjp89 6th Jul 17, 9:12 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mjp89
    Success on both tickets! Thanks so much everyone for you're help. I'll post in the successes thread and update the OP with full story when I'm back at the computer!

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Parking Charge Notice.

After reviewing our data and in view of the representations made in connection with its issue, we can confirm that we have decided to cancel this notice and no further action is to be taken.

Yours faithfully,
    Highview Parking Limited
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 5,983 Posts
    • 7,699 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Success on both tickets! Thanks so much everyone for you're help. I'll post in the successes thread and update the OP with full story when I'm back at the computer!

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Parking Charge Notice.

After reviewing our data and in view of the representations made in connection with its issue, we can confirm that we have decided to cancel this notice and no further action is to be taken.

Yours faithfully,
    Highview Parking Limited
    Originally posted by mjp89
    Great stuff, it's the only way until the scammers are seen
    off into the sewers.

Do tell all your friends about this site, free help always available
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jul 17, 10:04 PM
    • 14,634 Posts
    • 23,020 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well done you, glad to have been able to put my twopennorth in. Did you happen to beat the two-hour record for cancellation from time of appeal?

I think we should start a leaders' ladder for fastest cancellation, like that daft omelette speed cooking competition on a Saturday morning. How that James Martin hasn't caught something nasty from tasting most of the slop dished up, I don't know!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mjp89
    • By mjp89 7th Jul 17, 12:00 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    mjp89
    Well done you, glad to have been able to put my twopennorth in. Did you happen to beat the two-hour record for cancellation from time of appeal?

I think we should start a leaders' ladder for fastest cancellation, like that daft omelette speed cooking competition on a Saturday morning. How that James Martin hasn't caught something nasty from tasting most of the slop dished up, I don't know!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Sadly not! Submitted 3pm yesterday, cancelled 11am today. Still not too bad a time though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,030Posts Today

6,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• Follow Martin