Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dynamic_imager
    • By dynamic_imager 30th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    dynamic_imager
    Postal PCN (BPA member) Premier Park
    • 30th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    Postal PCN (BPA member) Premier Park 30th Jun 17 at 11:40 AM
    I received a postal PCN from Premier Park to my home address and it was forwarded to me by my mother. However I have very recently moved to a new address and not yet had the chance to update DVLA. Should I give them my new address when I appeal and say that I have moved?
    Also should I wait 26 days before appealing to this BPA member who has sent me the PCN by post (not windscreen ticket)? I have to appeal within 29 days of receiving the letter.
    Last edited by dynamic_imager; 30-06-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    • 30th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    Make it very clear in your appeal (maybe as your opening paragraph and in bold text) by telling them that all future correspondence should be to the following address xxxxxxx).

Unless your parking event was at a railway station, harbour, port or airport, with a postal PCN there is no potential benefit in delaying your initial appeal to the PPC, as they have already accessed your details from the DVLA in order to issue a Notice to Keeper (NtK).

You need to urgently inform the DVLA of your new address. You need to do this, separately, for your V5 (aka logbook) and your driver's licence. There's no internal communication within the DVLA on this, so 2 x notifications. While Premier Park are looking to charge you £100, the DVLA can issue a penalty 10x that amount (£1,000) for failure to notify changes.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • dynamic_imager
    • By dynamic_imager 17th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dynamic_imager
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    Premier Park timeline
    • 17th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    In their PCN Premier Park ask for full payment within 29 days
    “We now request this amount is paid using one of the payment methods described overleaf. If within 29 days we have not received full payment or driver details, under Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the parking charge amount that remains unpaid from the keeper of the vehicle.”

However their online appeal states "If you wish to appeal against a PCN, you must do so within 28 days of the date of notice or within the time period stipulated on the notice / document you have received."

I presume both of these are not PoFA compliant or should I just reply by post to make sure?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 12:28 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:28 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 12:28 PM
    In terms of your appeal, it's 28 days. The 29 days has nothing to do with the actual appeal deadline. It is there to meet the requirements of the PoFA. It's near enough to PoFA compliance, but there may be other deficiencies in the NtK that you need to scrutinise for.

should I just reply by post to make sure?
    You appeal via the method outlined by the PPC in the NtK.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    In their PCN Premier Park ask for full payment within 29 days
    “We now request this amount is paid using one of the payment methods described overleaf. If within 29 days we have not received full payment or driver details, under Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, we have the right, subject to the requirements of the Act, to recover the parking charge amount that remains unpaid from the keeper of the vehicle.”

However their online appeal states "If you wish to appeal against a PCN, you must do so within 28 days of the date of notice or within the time period stipulated on the notice / document you have received."

I presume both of these are not PoFA compliant or should I just reply by post to make sure?
    Originally posted by dynamic_imager
    Why not search the forum for 'Premier 29 days POPLA' and read the shocking decisions about that?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dynamic_imager
    • By dynamic_imager 21st Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dynamic_imager
    • 21st Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    I have created a dropbox for signage pictures. How do I send the link to POPLA?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Aug 17, 8:38 PM
    • 40,477 Posts
    • 80,859 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 21st Aug 17, 8:38 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 8:38 PM
    There appears to be a gap in the information since you last posted.

Did you appeal the original NTK to the PPC and if so, what did you put in your appeal? If you appealed and it was rejected, did you get a PoPLA code?

If you are at PoPLA stage you should show us your draft before you send it. Images should be embedded in a pdf not linked in a PoPLA appeal.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • dynamic_imager
    • By dynamic_imager 21st Aug 17, 9:45 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dynamic_imager
    • 21st Aug 17, 9:45 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 9:45 PM
    I appealed the original NTK using the blue template and it was rejected. I now have a POPLA code. I'm not sure how to "embed in a pdf". I will forward the draft to you before I send it. I am not very IT savvy sadly.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Aug 17, 10:04 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 21st Aug 17, 10:04 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 10:04 PM
    Google search on 'How to convert Word .doc file to a .pdf file'. Follow instructions - it's not complicated.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Aug 17, 10:40 PM
    • 40,477 Posts
    • 80,859 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I appealed the original NTK using the blue template and it was rejected. I now have a POPLA code. I'm not sure how to "embed in a pdf". I will forward the draft to you before I send it. I am not very IT savvy sadly.
    Originally posted by dynamic_imager

Start by reading post 3 of the NEWBIES and use all the relevant template appeal points you can find them. Post your draft on this thread for checking. Please don't copy and paste blindly, make sure the template points are relevant to your case.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • dynamic_imager
    • By dynamic_imager 22nd Aug 17, 8:13 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dynamic_imager
    I have converted the word document to a pdf but cant embed the signage pics.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Aug 17, 2:00 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You have to embed them in Word first. 'Insert' > 'Image' > 'From File' (from memory!), then convert to .pdf.

Have another go with your original .doc file.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,727Users online

Martin's Twitter