Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobby&David
    • By Bobby&David 30th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Bobby&David
    Beware Vecelli Home Improvements
    • 30th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    Beware Vecelli Home Improvements 30th Jun 17 at 10:35 AM
    This company has traded under several different names. It is owned by Graham Kelly. We bought a roller garage door [£1149.00] from Roller Door Installations which is majorly faulty. They do not respond to phone calls, emails or letters. We have reported them to Devon Trading Standards and Watchdog. We are now proposing to take them to court.
    They are now trading as Roman Garage Doors from the same premises in Boreham, Essex. Their telephone number is 01245 361 676.
    Vecelli Home Improvements Ltd
    trading as
    Roman Garage Doors
    Squire House
    81-87 High Street
    Billericay
    CM12 9AS
Page 2
    • Ritab
    • By Ritab 24th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ritab
    This happened late Friday night so will be contacting the company tomorrow - this is less than a year old so it should still be in original warranty
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 24th Sep 17, 3:09 PM
    • 10,045 Posts
    • 8,107 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    This happened late Friday night so will be contacting the company tomorrow - this is less than a year old so it should still be in original warranty
    Originally posted by Ritab
    Please keep us informed
    • Lizabeth21
    • By Lizabeth21 24th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Lizabeth21
    Essati/vercelli/roman
    Don't hold your breath. Apparently helpful staff answering phones but no action. We've given up and are replacing with a different local company.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 24th Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 11,428 Thanks
    hollydays
    Perhaps you will tell us you got marvellous service?
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 24th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 11,428 Thanks
    hollydays
    I have a Roman Garage door and never had any problems with it and nor have my 2 neighbours - for this reason I bought one for my daughter as a gift - unfortunately hers has had various problems now to the point it cannot be used at all not even manually. I feel responsible because it was a gift....... waiting to hopefully get it sorted.
    So when the door had the first of the various problems, why didn't you contact the company .
    • Ritab
    • By Ritab 25th Sep 17, 8:51 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ritab
    Contacting company this morning so will let you know how i get one
    • Ritab
    • By Ritab 25th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ritab
    We did contact the company and they replaced the motor - this is another problem- maybe i should of written the full history
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 25th Sep 17, 9:19 AM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 11,428 Thanks
    hollydays
    We did contact the company and they replaced the motor - this is another problem- maybe i should of written the full history
    Yes not really sure why you've posted without listing the longstanding problems
    • **woody123**
    • By **woody123** 25th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    **woody123**
    Strange you've not contacted the company ?..,
    Originally posted by hollydays

I have contacted the company several times and when they answer they take details and don't ring back, or just don't answer the phone.

This is very annoying as my grandmother's garage door was working fine until a neighbour caused damage.

As they seem to have a presence on hear it seems the best way of getting something sorted.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 25th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 3,588 Posts
    • 3,631 Thanks
    DoaM
    The post you've replied to wasn't asking that of YOU.

(Clue ... the poster hollydays was replying to is actually quoted in her post).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Ritab
    • By Ritab 3rd Oct 17, 11:28 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ritab
    Garage door has been fixed this morning and it is running smoother than it did originally - very pleased it is all sorted out now
    • **woody123**
    • By **woody123** 3rd Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    **woody123**
    We also had our door fixed on Friday after weeks of trying to contact them.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 8th Oct 17, 12:32 AM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 11,428 Thanks
    hollydays
    Garage door has been fixed this morning and it is running smoother than it did originally - very pleased it is all sorted out now

Predictable
    See post #24
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 8th Oct 17, 12:34 AM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 11,428 Thanks
    hollydays
    Perhaps you will tell us you got marvellous service?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    This one...........
    • Lizabeth21
    • By Lizabeth21 8th Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Lizabeth21
    Interesting all these Friday fixings. We should have had an engineer visit on Friday too but that was 17 days after I reported the fault and that I had NO access to my garage. Numerous promises in that time that came to nothing including appointment made but ‘van broke down’ but no phone call. Gave up waiting as no hope so got local firm to fix and quote for replacement so I cancelled them because even if they fixed it I had no confidence in it. And waiting 17 days for a repair is unacceptable when they are ‘never far away’!
    • Nickynew
    • By Nickynew 12th Dec 17, 7:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nickynew
    P Kelly warranties / Essati/roman Garage doors
    Hi, does anyone have a contact number for these people. My elderly father has a garage door purchased from Essati and the motor isnít working. He has an extended warranty with P Kelly but we canít find a number for them and Roman garage doors doesnít answer the phone. Many thanks for your help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,751Posts Today

6,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin