Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 29th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 3,300Posts
    • 6,798Thanks
    Murphybear
    Feliway
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    Feliway 29th Jun 17 at 12:57 PM
    Hi all cat lovers.

We are moving house in August and as it is only 30 miles will be putting Squeaky into her favourite cattery for a few days. The journey to our new home will be about 1.25 hours (it is a very rural area ), quite a bit longer than she is used to. I spoke to the vets surgery and they suggested using Feliway spray in the car. I haven't used it before and would be interested in hearing people's experience. Also, where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Thanks
Page 1
    • ElusiveLucy
    • By ElusiveLucy 30th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    • 610 Posts
    • 3,317 Thanks
    ElusiveLucy
    • 30th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    • 30th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    I tried it as mine get stressed even going to the vets in the car (5 min away) but it made no difference. It could be worth trying it for a longer journey though. You can get a small travel sized spray. I bought mine online, but I can't remember which site, sorry
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
    • Luna.B
    • By Luna.B 3rd Jul 17, 4:46 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Luna.B
    • 3rd Jul 17, 4:46 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 4:46 PM
    It works on my cats but that's just in the house (they fight less and seem generally happier) don't know if it's powerful enough to help with a long journey in the car. I got mine from vets at home but it was the plug in stuff so not sure how how much the spray is sorry.
    • doglover86
    • By doglover86 3rd Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    doglover86
    • 3rd Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    I haven't used Feliway but I have used Johnsons Travel-Eze tablets before (£2.99 from Pet Connection - great value for how well they work) and I'd really recommend them.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 4th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 2,927 Posts
    • 7,972 Thanks
    Callie22
    • 4th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 4th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    I've used the spray in my cat's carrier for trips to the vet etc, I give it a spray 15 minutes or so before putting her in there. I really do think it helps to keep her calm and help her to see the carrier as a 'safe' place, she certainly seems pretty laid back during car trips, and curious rather than stressed.
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 5th Jul 17, 5:50 AM
    • 3,300 Posts
    • 6,798 Thanks
    Murphybear
    • 5th Jul 17, 5:50 AM
    • 5th Jul 17, 5:50 AM
    I've used the spray in my cat's carrier for trips to the vet etc, I give it a spray 15 minutes or so before putting her in there. I really do think it helps to keep her calm and help her to see the carrier as a 'safe' place, she certainly seems pretty laid back during car trips, and curious rather than stressed.
    Originally posted by Callie22
    Squeaky hates the car but loves the cattery
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 5th Jul 17, 5:51 AM
    • 3,300 Posts
    • 6,798 Thanks
    Murphybear
    • 5th Jul 17, 5:51 AM
    • 5th Jul 17, 5:51 AM
    Thanks all, that's helpful. Squeaky, who is squeaking in my ear, says thank you as well
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 12th Jul 17, 2:38 AM
    • 3,300 Posts
    • 6,798 Thanks
    Murphybear
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:38 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:38 AM
    I have now done some research and if anyone is interested Zooplus is the cheapest. We called into a Pets at Home store today and were horrified at their prices. I don't normally go in there and wondered if they are expensive for everything.

Thanks for all the comments.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

686Posts Today

4,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin